MaryBeth Hyland, author of Permission to Be Human: The Conscious Leader’s Guide to Creating a Values-Driven Culture
Bill Ringle and MaryBeth Hyland discuss how workplace culture is really a product of values and behavior while working from anywhere and especially in small and mid-sized businesses.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Workplace culture is not just about strategy, goals, and structure but also the feelings and emotions that we experience while working.
- Choose to be a part of the culture keepers. Work to be that person people want to collaborate with and trust.
- Instead of gossiping or complaining about problems within your workplace, focus on being part of the solution by doing your best to address them.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Why her grandparents are MaryBeth greatest inspirations. [01:04]
- MaryBeth shares what signals a healthy relationship for her. [01:45]
- How her grandparent’s influence influenced how she conducts her work as well. [04:37]
- The difference between intentionality and strategy. [06:41]
- How managers should address issues regarding workplace culture. [08:06]
- David Swarner is a CEO of a construction company who wanted to reignite his company’s strong culture. [11:03]
- How to identify culture keepers vs. culture killers. [14:14]
- Workplace culture is connected to wellbeing. [19:07]
- Aligning your values during burnout. [20:03]
- One of the worst things a company could do. [24:20]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [27:04]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Author, speaker, and award-winning company culture expert MaryBeth Hyland found her passion as a facilitator and mindfulness coach, engaging with leaders within all industries to create possibility and ignite alignment between their values and their actions. MaryBeth is founder and chief visionary of SparkVision and her awards include Circle of Excellence, Innovator of the Year, and Top 100 Women. With a BA in Social Work, MS in Nonprofit Management, and over a decade of experience transforming workplace cultures into flourishing and connected communities, she is committed to values-based mindfulness in the workplace. The Washington Post, HuffPost, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal have recognized her as a powerful thought leader in workplace culture.
Contact Info and Social Media for MaryBeth Hyland
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.