Trevor Blake, author of Secrets to a Successful Startup: A Recession-Proof Guide to Starting, Surviving & Thriving in Your Own Venture
Trevor G. Blake and Bill Ringle discuss the importance of following proven business processes, what you can learn from your network, and how a community can accelerate your success for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- To be above sustainable, you need to have a great product and the ability to reinvest proceeds.
- Hiring outside help is excellent to gain a fresh, unbiased perspective that can be helpful if we want to see all the avenues that we can choose to solve a crisis or better the business.
- Reaching out to people for feedback allows for continued learning.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- “You don’t know what business you’re in until you get into the business.” – A quote from Trevor’s late mentor Goerge Rothman, the founder of Amgen. [01:37]
- Trevor elaborates on the power of customer feedback. [03:46]
- The components of mentality and approach make a crucial difference in a business. [06:01]
- Confidence make a winning business. Trevor shared how this trait helped him create a successful company. [06:30]
- The importance of reaching out to people. [08:31]
- Trevor shares about his 6th successful company which he launched at the end of 2019. [09:52]
- Through his digital platform Trevor G Blake, Trevor helps business owners reach that above sustainable level. [11:06]
- The abilities that constitute a successful business. [11:20]
- The importance of having the ability to reinvest. [12:21]
- Trevor shares how different he approaches his book launch now compared to when he wrote his first book in 2012. [13:26]
- Asking open-ended questions is a great way to make people open up. [15:39]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Hear from Trevor Blake, a perpetual student of life. Author of NY Times Bestseller, Three Simple Steps, and his newest book, Secrets to a Successful Startup: A Recession-Proof Guide to Starting, Surviving & Thriving in Your Own Venture.
Trevor was the founder and CEO of QOL Medical LLC, which he started with just a few hundred dollars, and sold in 2010 for more than $100 million. He has since sold two more companies (over $300 million) and is currently at work on his 4th, 5th, and 6th.
He’s never hired a single employee or worked more than 5 hours a day. He has worked in the UK, Europe, and the USA with companies such as Lipha, 3M, and Biogen and has won many industry awards, including Pharmaceutical Manager of the Year 1990, 1991 & 1992, and UK marketing professional of the year. Trevor’s passion is physics and how we can use an understanding of the relationship between energy and matter to achieve success in any aspect of business and life.
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- My Quest for the Best interview: 333: Overcoming the Distractions on the Road to Success with guest expert Trevor Blake
- George Rathman – Founder of Amgen
- Listen to Trevor’s previous interview Episode 333-Overcoming the Distractions on the Road to Success, where he discussed his book, Three Simple Steps.