Trevor Blake, author of Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life
Bill Ringle and Trevor Blake discuss some of important distractions and obstacles that can delay, distract, or even destroy your chances of attaining the success of which you are capable – life is short and focusing on what matters is essential for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- It is not what we think that we should control, but how we react to them.
- One major holdback is the lack of self-confidence that we can execute the ideas in our heads.
- We don’t have to do everything and complicate our lives. We can pursue a few things we are passionate about.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- An important person growing up for Trevor was his mother and he shares how she will always be an inspiration to him. [01:22]
- A candid conversation about Trevor’s experience as a victim of bullying and the misplaced shame he felt about it. [04:34]
- When the bullying got worse, reading became a means of relief to him as he started immersing himself in biographies finding great inspiration in them. [06:27]
- Madam CJ Walker, one of the first African-American women entrepreneurs to attain national success, and how knowing her through her biography changed his perspectives. [07:20]
- Moving to the countryside thrust Trevor to Narnia and it felt amazing for him. Here he learns to find appreciation in being close to nature. [10:53]
- Trevor talks about Steve Jobs and we can learn and apply some of the Apple co-founder’s values and work ethics. [15:34]
- Advice to managers and business leaders who are looking for better opportunities for their business and their teams. [18:01]
- He encourages small business leaders to always find a way to innovate and reinvent. [25:33]
- A discussion about neuroplasticity and why he finds it a magical tool. [22:54]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round Begins [27:54]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Trevor Blake is a perpetual student of life. He is the NY TImes bestselling author of Three Simple Steps and Secrets to a Successful Startup.
Trevor was the founder and CEO of QOL Medical LLC, which he started with just a few hundred dollars, and sold it in 2010 for more than $100 million. He has since sold two more companies (over $300 million) and is currently at work on his 4th, 5th, and 6th ventures.
He’s done this all and never hired a single employee or worked more than 5 hours a day. He has worked in the UK, Europe, and the USA with companies such as 3M, LiphaTech, and Biogen and has won many industry awards.
Trevor’s passion is physics and studying how we can use an understanding of the relationship between energy and matter to achieve success in any aspect of business and life.
Contact Info and Social Media for Trevor Blake
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
- Chronicles of Narnia – a fantasy novel written by C.S Lewis
- CJ Walker – an African American entrepreneur, philanthropist, and political and social activist
- Steve Jobs – an American business magnate and philanthropist who was one of the founders and former CEO of Apple
- Royal Navy Academy
- Neuroplasticity – also known as neural plasticity, or brain plasticity, is the ability of neural networks in the brain to change through growth and reorganization. These changes range from individual neuron pathways making new connections, to systematic adjustments like cortical remapping.