Marc Reklau, author of 30 Days – Change your habits, change your life
Bill Ringle and Marc Reklau discuss the specific habits that have made Marc’s books Amazon best sellers month after month, the process used to devise success habits, and overcoming the biggest obstacles to allowing habits to pave the way to your personal and business success.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- In order for us to achieve any desired outcome, we need to try multiple approaches. As Edison said, success is always trying one more time.
- Identify the thing that brings you the most satisfaction, and delegate proportional and resources.
- Habits impact success. Track your habits and identify which you need to keep, which to improve on, and which you need to discard.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Marc shares about his mother’s influence on him growing up. [01:08]
- Good training is a foundation to building a company culture and he explains why. [03:18]
- Marc on applying Edison’s principle that success comes after trying and trying again. [07:28]
- A discussion about the 80/20 rule and how this pattern can be helpful in deciding which to spend our time the most when it comes to business. [09:58]
- When he left his job, Marc started doing 10x better, and even so during the pandemic when his book sales exploded. [12:48]
- He gives an example of how he was able to apply the 30 Days to Change habit in coaching. [14:29]
- Here he talks about the importance of tracking our habits. [17:24]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [20:11]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Marc Reklau is the author of 10 books including the international bestseller, 30 Days – Change your habits, change your life, which since April 2015 has over half a million readers and has been translated into 15+ languages including Spanish, German, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Chinese, Russian, Portuguese and Korean.
He wrote the book in 2014 after being fired from his job and literally went from jobless to bestselling author.
Marc’s mission is to empower people to create the life they want and to give them the resources and tools to make it happen.
He writes about habits, productivity, and happiness. His message is simple: Many people want to change things in their lives, but few are willing to do a simple set of exercises constantly over a period of time. You can plan and create success and happiness in your life by installing habits that support you on the way to your goals.
Contact Info and Social Media for Marc Reklau
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Paulo Coelho – award-winning and best-selling author.
- Thomas Edison – an American inventor and businessman who has been described as America’s greatest inventor.
- Tim Ferriss
- Pareto principle – states that for many outcomes, roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of the causes.
- Mark Dawson