Dorie Clark, author of Entrepreneurial You: Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive
Bill Ringle and Dorie Clark discuss how to avoid making decisions that limit your potential as you endeavor to rise beyond surviving to thriving as an entrepreneur with a focus on overlooked opportunities for established small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Limiting our relationships with people we know also limits opportunities to build connections with other interesting, insightful, and quality individuals.
- Take advantage of the opportunity that people right now are consuming more content to get your message across.
- It is better to go slow than to rush our way to success.
Read Show Notes from this Episode
- Tony Robbins inspired Dorie as a teenager to craft a bold vision. [01:21]
- Dorie’s mom had a copy of Tony’s book, Unlimited Power and this was her first introduction to him and his works. [1:37]
- She shared how William Gibson’s quote ‘the future is here; it’s just not evenly distributed’ is relevant today when people are obsessed with forecasting. [05:26]
- COVID is something Dorie thought will just pass by. Its lasting and still heavily felt impact made her obsessed with the idea of forecasting and risk prediction. [06:47]
- Dorie talks about Jason Klein, whom she also discussed in her book Entrepreneurial You. [11:47]
- A great example of taking risks she gave in this episode is a story about Jayson Gaignard. [16:33]
- One of the key pillars to be recognized in your field, according to Dorie, is content creation. [23:26]
- A discussion on how to leverage content creation on a regular basis. [24:49]
- One of the things that excite Dorie is her online course called Recognized Expert. [26:47]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round Begins [30:59]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dorie Clark helps individuals and companies get their best ideas heard in a crowded, noisy world. She has been named one of the Top 50 business thinkers in the world by Thinkers50 and was honored as the #1 Communication Coach in the world at the Marshall Goldsmith Coaching Awards. She is a keynote speaker and teaches for Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and Columbia Business School. She is the author of Entrepreneurial You, which was named one of Forbes’ Top 5 Business Books of the Year, as well as Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of the Year by Inc. magazine.
A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, Clark has been described by the New York Times as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.” She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, and consults and speaks for clients such as Google, Yale University, and the World Bank. She is a graduate of Harvard Divinity School, a producer of multiple Grammy-winning jazz albums, and a Broadway investor. You can download her free Entrepreneurial You self-assessment workbook at dorieclark.com/entrepreneur.
Contact Info and Social Media for Dorie Clark
- Primary Website:
- Travels from: New York, NY
- Connect on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Tony Robbins – an American author, coach, speaker, and philanthropist. He is also the author of the book Unlimited Power, mentioned by Dorie in this episode.
- William Gibson – an American-Canadian speculative fiction writer and essayist widely credited with pioneering the science fiction subgenre known as cyberpunk.
- Jean Jayson Gaignard – author of Mastermind Dinners: Build Lifelong Relationships by Connecting Experts, Influencers, and Linchpins
- Tim Ferris – an American entrepreneur, investor, author, and lifestyle guru. Wikipedia