Cameron Herold, author of Meetings Suck: Turning One of The Most Loathed Elements of Business into One of the Most Valuable
Bill Ringle and Cameron Herold discuss the traps of poor meetings and how to avoid them so that your meetings yield productive results and beneficial bonding experiences for small business leaders and rising stars.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Leaders help employees rise by teaching them new skills to give them more confidence that they can climb the ladder of success.
- When we are unclear on where to go, we need to consider all available options as good options and then narrow our focus to have a vivid vision on which path will be the best direction for our business.
- If we have a clear vision of what we want to achieve, we are happier and more passionate about doing our job compared to just doing for the sake of finishing. We want to see that vision come to life, and this is a great driver for us to give all we can to make sure we complete our tasks every single day.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Cameron shares how his father, who is hyper-aware of everything, has been a great inspiration. [01:44]
- Alice’s conversation with the Cheshire cat (from Alice in Wonderland), illustrates how many good options are presented before we can have a vivid vision on which to choose and focus. [03:55]
- Tristan, who runs a company in Australia, and how his vivid vision magnetized the right people and catapulted his company to success. [05:27]
- How different people doing the same tasks can have worked very differently when there is a clear vision involved. [08:18]
- Cameron shares how he discovered the importance of vision and clarity while at 1-800-GOT-JUNK [10:15]
- The fundamentals of running an effective meeting. [15:01]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round Begins [23:01]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Cameron Herold has built a dynamic consultancy and his current clients include a ‘Big 4’ wireless carrier and a monarchy. He earned his reputation as the business growth guru by guiding his clients to double their profit and double their revenue in just three years or less.
Cameron was an entrepreneur from day one. At age 21, he had 14 employees. By 35, he’d help build his first TWO $100 MILLION DOLLAR companies. By the age of 42, Cameron engineered 1-800-GOT-JUNK’s spectacular growth from $2 Million to $106 Million in revenue and 3100 employees – and he did that in just six years. His companies landed over 5,200 media placements in that same six years, including coverage on Oprah.
Not only does Cameron know how to grow businesses, but his delivery from the stage is second to none- the current publisher of Forbes magazine, Rich Karlgaard, stated: “Cameron Herold is THE BEST SPEAKER I’ve ever heard…he hits grand slams”.
When Cameron steps off the stage, he doesn’t stop teaching. He is the author of the global best-selling business book DOUBLE DOUBLE- in its 8th printing and in multiple translations around the world. He’s also the author of the top-selling books MEETINGS SUCK, VIVID VISION, MIRACLE MORNING FOR ENTREPRENEURS, and FREE PR.
Cameron is a top-rated international speaker and has been paid to speak in 26 countries. He is also the top-rated lecturer at EO/MIT’s Entrepreneurial Masters Program and a powerful and effective speaker at Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer leadership events around the world.
Contact Info and Social Media for Cameron Herold
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Scottsdale, AZ
- Connect on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Pat Lencioni– an American writer best known as the author of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, a book about team dynamics.
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK– a Canadian franchised residential and commercial junk removal company operating in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
- Simon Sinek – a British-American author and inspirational speaker.
- Alice in Wonderland– A fantasy novella written by Lewis Caroll.