Louis Carter, author of In Great Company: How to Spark Peak Performance By Creating an Emotionally Connected Workplace
Louis Carter and Bill Ringle discuss the results of the research with great companies and the steps to take to build your skills as a small business leader.
>>>Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Where you lead, whether it would be at the office, or remotely, it is important to give people equal airtime, and the respect that they need in every meeting and in every conversation.
- The company’s personal values are its greatest brand.
- 60% of CEOs get fired often due to relationship issues, so it is essential to identify the cause of this relationship strain, and how best to resolve it.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Lou proudly shares how his father’s work ethic inspired him growing up. [01:12]
- The indispensability of forming and maintaining positive relationships with clients and with the organization. [06:11]
- Differentiating a standard analysis from a 360-view analysis. [09:37]
- Case study of Laura: a biotech company CEO, and her journey to becoming functionally fit for the job. [11:25]
- Case study with Duncan: who was at that time the CEO of the New York Stock Exchange, and how he perceived his position. [15:52]
- What it means to have value alignment. [18:31]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [30:37]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Louis Carter is the founder and CEO of the Best Practice Institute, Most Loved Workplace, and CEO Executive coach.
He is the author of 11 books in leadership and management and the recipient of numerous accolades, including the top 10 Global Guru award in Organizational Culture, top products award by HRTech, top leadership executive by Leadership Excellence Magazine, ELearning! Magazine’s Trailblazer Award.
Contact Info and Social Media for Louis Carter
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Connect on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Ernst & Young – a multinational professional services network with headquarters in London, England
- Howard Schultz – served as the chairman and chief executive officer of the Starbucks Coffee Company
- Duncan L. Niederauer – former CEO of New York Stock Exchange