Diana Wiley, author of Love in the Time of Corona: Advice from a Sex Therapist for Couples in Quarantine
Diana Wiley and Bill Ringle discuss examples of ways that even in a quarantine, we can deepen our affection, love, and closeness, even for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- The enforced closeness that comes with quarantining together has often increased the friction between couples.
- Participating in the sex-menu exercise, couples will get more comfortable with sexual terminology, an essential element for good communication.
- Dopamine begets the desire for more dopamine, and just might lead to new adventures in the bedroom.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Diana’s father created a warm loving family environment. [1:17]
- Diana states reaching out for professional support is very beneficial; couples wait 7 years on average to do so. [4:49]
- You should say 4-5 things that are positive about your employees’ work after giving critical or corrective feedback. [6:58]
- Praise first and criticize later. [7:33]
- How to communicate with your employees when giving feedback on their work. [7:40]
- Diana describes how she listens deeply, which means not focusing on what you will say back, and allowing time to acknowledge the other person’s feelings. [12:48]
- Here is an example of a couple’s therapy issue. [14:18]
- Details of physical and emotional foreplay in this case. [16:01]
- Sweet nothings are an important ingredient to a healthy marital relationship. [19:46]
- Break the habit of saving up resentment about your partner. [22:10]
- Diana describes the sex menu. [26:01]
- Diana reveals the best sex tip, one that is applicable even to business: active listening. [28:27]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins [29:48]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dr. Diana Wiley, Ph.D., has practiced for more than thirty years as a licensed marriage and family therapist, a board-certified sex therapist, and a gerontologist. Since 2010 she has hosted the online radio show “Love, Lust, and Laughter” on Progressive Radio Network. Dr. Diana has published two studies in medical journals on aging and sexuality and was appointed as a Clinton Presidential Delegate to the 1995 White House Conference on Aging, where she was the only delegate to speak about love and sexuality.
Dr. Diana has given lectures and presentations on Aging and Sexuality in Amsterdam, Paris, Spain, Japan, and India at the World Congress(es) of Sexology, and at many US conferences, mainly at meetings of The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality. Before going to graduate school in 1979, Dr. Diana worked as an English teacher in Hawaii, Italy, and Mexico City. She also worked as a fashion model and performed on stage and in film productions in New York, Los Angeles, Miami Beach, and Honolulu.
Contact Info and Social Media for Diana Wiley
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Seattle, WA
- Connect on Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.