Ron Stotts, PhD, Author of Overscheduled by Success
Dr. Ron Stotts talks with Bill Ringle on My Quest for the Best about how very successful leaders recognize the Hero’s Journey and make internal adjustments to create outstanding external results.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Key points that you’ll learn from this interview:
- How Ron started his inner journey after leaving the Marines and seeking to make sense of the dozens of basic training buddies who never returned from Vietnam
- An explanation of why it is so important to leave your comfort zone in order to grow as a person, and how staying stuck in your comfort zone limits your ability to make effective decisions for your business and your team
- What your “big mind” is and how to find it.
- Overcoming old limitations
- Ron’s morning routine that helps him stay present with his celebrity clients
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- 2:32 How Ron went from being a Marine to following his inward journey. “I found I had to let go of all my training to be an all-American boy was taking me.”
- 4:47 Details of Joseph Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey,” on leaving the comfort zone.
- 5:37 “I realized that comfort zone wasn’t comfortable for me any longer.”
- 6:08 “The hero’s journey is about taking your life up to the next level.”
- 6:59 How childhood experience affects the way humans act like adults, especially in regards to their choices and relationships.
- 7:36 Why people should “quit chasing the symptoms.” Symptoms are indicators of an opportunity to grow.
- 9:58 How Ron helped a client overcome his communication problems, specifically those surrounding how he communicated anger.
- 14:35 “Change begins to happen almost immediately.”
- 17:05 “We are nothing but energy. That’s physics, not metaphysics.”
- 18:07 Why do lobsters, and humans, need to take the time to “shed their shell.”
- 19:24 Ron describes the Big Mind. – “The quieter my mind got, the more depth I had in my life.”
- 22:34 How Ron used Big Mind to create a $1M Japanese Garden.
- 24:01 “Most people think in terms of working harder. I think in terms of accessing different parts of who we are.”
- 26:30 “Money is not the answer.”
- 27:19 The source of why people so often sabotage their life, and why when you come up against roadblocks, it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
- 30:08 Some changes needed aren’t big changes, but small changes, that will make all the difference.
- 31:11 Ron’s morning routine for staying centered throughout his day.
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dr. Ron Stotts was trained by some of the best in his field, with early mentors like Joseph Campbell, Buckminster Fuller, and other leaders of spiritual and personal growth. His service has evolved into working with those committed to their path and the influential leaders who have guided them along their way. While many can help treat the symptoms of humanity’s deepest challenges, Ron’s unique work not only takes his clients to the deepest source of their challenges but guides them into transforming those challenges into great opportunities.