Diversity Strategist, Author, and Certified Speaking Professional
Listen to this interview to learn:
- How to bridge gaps created by perception
- Reminders of being your best by being who you authentically are
- The importance of attending to your verbal and non-verbal messages and micro messages that you send
- Examples of reaching out to emerging markets in a way that’s not (unintentionally) condescending
- A technique for raising your awareness of what it feels like to be a minority so you can become a better leader
Lenora Billings-Harris is a diversity strategist who partners with organizations to help them make diversity a competitive advantage. She has been included as one of 100 Global Thought Leaders on Diversity and Inclusion by The Society of Human Resource Management and was named by Diversity Woman Magazine as one of the twenty top influential diversity leaders in the US. Her award-winning diversity leadership research is recognized in journals internationally. Lenora’s ability to transform multifaceted diversity and inclusion concepts into immediately applicable “how to’s” have enabled her to help Fortune 500 companies, professional associations, government agencies, and educational institutions facilitate change to attract and retain top talent, expand multicultural markets, and heighten the number of engaged employees.
Lenora is the author of The Diversity Advantage and co-author of TRAILBLAZERS: How Top Business Leaders are Accelerating Results through Inclusion and Diversity, and she is often an expert guest on TV and radio internationally. She serves on the adjunct faculty of the business schools of Averett University and the University of North Carolina-Greensboro and leads a full-service diversity consulting firm. She is a Certified Speaking Professional and has presented to audiences in over eighteen countries on six continents.
For more information, visit Lenora’s website.
Contact Info for Lenora Billings-Harris
Business Phone: 336-282-4443
Web address: www.ubuntuglobal.com
Travels From: Raleigh, NC