Chandler Bolt, author of Published: The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold
Bill Ringle and Chandler Bolt discuss the top obstacles and paths to becoming a published author based on 6,000 success stories at Self Publishing School for ambitious SMB leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways
- Push hard for your dreams, and even harder when people tell you that you can’t make it.
- Do not wait for the perfect time to write a book. Write now or you might write never.
- Push yourself and test whether something is possible or not.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- His brother Seth, who plays bass in Grammy-nominated rock band NEEDTOBREATHE, inspired Chandler to reach hard for his dreams even when people tell him it’s impossible. [01:13]
- A New York Times article quoted a survey that found that 81% of people want to write a book, but only 1% actually do. Chandler details why for some people, someday becomes never. [03:07]
- Chandler gives expert advice on overcoming internal conflicts that prevent writers from getting through their first drafts. [04:42]
- Here are the four most common reasons why people write books: Passion, shared experience, becoming a full-time author, and growing your business. [06:38]
- Debunking the myth that if we share our experience and knowledge in writing, people won’t need us anymore and why generosity is the key to business growth and longevity. [07:59]
- When his first self-published book didn’t exactly rake in the success and the money he expected, Chandler’s manager introduced him to SAM. Every self-published author needs to know what SAM represents.[10:38]
- Chandler talks about copy writing was pivotal for him when he released his first book and had $15,000 in credit card debt. [12:43]
- Why we need to approach our marketing like a Toyota Camry, not like a Lamborghini. [14:51]
- The Amazon algorithm and a series of steps to use “Amazon juice” to get your book more readers and recommendations. [21:06]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [24:44]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
With us today is Chandler Bolt, the author of Published, The Proven Path From Blank Page To 10,000 Copies Sold. As a seven-time bestselling author and CEO of Self-Publishing School and selfpublishing.com, Chandler knows exactly how instrumental writing books can be in sharing your message and even growing and scaling your business. His message is that you can’t wait for the “perfect time” in life to get writing, the perfect time to get writing is now.
Contact Info and Social Media for Chandler Bolt
- Primary website
- Travels from: Fort Myers, FL
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed, so you can explore further.
- Tony Robbins
- Think You Have a Book in You? Think Again by Joseph Epstein in the New York Times
- Michael Hyatt
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More by Perry Marshall