Michael Neill, author of The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever
Bill Ringle and Michael Neill discuss ways to have and communicate a clear vision as a small business leader so that you and your people know how to contribute to success.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways
- We do better when we live in what we’re thinking instead of living in our circumstances. Therefore, let’s control the content of our thinking so that we’re not exaggerating situations. Making mountains out of molehills creates fear, anxiety, and other negative emotions that if they grip us will cause us to make bad decisions.
- Work effortlessly, and that means without the tightness, the struggle, and the constant pressure. We can do more when we are in the flow state and aligning ourselves at the speed of life.
- Never re-establish or rebuild your business with discouragement as a foundation. Defeat this negative emotion before making business decisions.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- “If we love what we do, it’s going to improve. If we don’t, that’s probably not what we should be doing”- Michael shared this valuable lesson he learned from his father. [01:25]
- The message of the book Inside Out Revolution and the power of perceiving our reality. [03:18]
- How we get from the point of understanding, we can create our own story to owning our capacity to change it. [06:24]
- CASE 1: Alice is the wife of one of Michael’s clients who turned her husband’s behaviors into the source of her negative emotions. After a conversation with Michael, she could traverse from the point of creating reality to changing it. [07:30]
- CASE 2: Bob was a very burnt-out CEO whose emotional turmoil almost made him go through a very bad business decision. After venting his frustration to Michael, Bob could calm down, take a step back, and remember how he could run his business successfully for many years. Now Bob is 6 million dollars richer and running a business he loves. [10:35]
- Dr. George Pransky, Michael’s former mentor, likened how our mind works to that of a race car. But instead of revolution per minute, the mind is measured per TPM- Thought Per Minute. [13:48]
- Moving towards the flow state. Michael talks about the ‘seemingly effortless’ way of doing things. [17:46]
- Introducing the new normal has not been a pleasant ride for many people. Michael shares his observations on why some thrived when many failed and the qualities these people possess. [18:32]
- CASE 3: Fred was a CEO who had all stacks against him when the lockdowns were implemented. Owning bars, music venues, and restaurants, he belongs to the industry that was hit the most by this. But Fred did not re-establish his business with discouragement as a baseline. While the lockdown was not the best for him, he managed a sustainable burn rate. [20:47]
- The Las Vegas gambling metaphor and how people can tap into their sense of power and ease with their business. [24:31]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [26:42]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Michael Neill is an internationally renowned transformative teacher, author, broadcaster, and speaker, described as having the unique ability to “blend the sacred with the profane.” The inside-out understanding at the heart of his work challenges the cultural mythology that stress, pressure, and other symptoms of “seriousness” are necessary for adaptation and growth in business or any area of life.
In his role as CEO of Genius Catalyst Inc., from its inception in the UK in 1990 to its incorporation in the USA in 2007, Michael has spearheaded its growth from consultancy to a multi-media organization delivering services to tens of thousands of loyal customers each year through live training, online courses, and self-study programs.
He has also spent more than three decades as a coach, adviser, friend, mentor, and creative spark plug to founders, CEOs, celebrities, royalty, and those who are up to something in the world. His global client base is wide and diverse, having served clients in North America, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East in investment, sales, energy, manufacturing, the entertainment and media industry, and more. He has been consistently ranked alongside Jack Canfield, Tony Robbins, and other legends in the field as one of the world’s top 30 coaching thought leaders and continues to run a small private practice working with high performers in their fields of expertise.
A gifted communicator, Michael has authored six best-selling books, including Creating the Impossible, The Inside-Out Revolution, The Space Within, and Supercoach. His books have been translated into more than 25 languages, and his public talks, retreats, and seminars have touched and transformed lives at the United Nations in over 60 countries and on six continents around the world. His TEDx talks, ‘Why Aren’t We Awesomer?’ and ‘Can a TEDx Talk Really Change the World?’ have been viewed by over two million people around the world, and his blog and podcast, Caffeine for the Soul, has been entertaining and inspiring audiences around the world for more than 20 years.
Contact Info and Social Media for Michael Neill
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Woodland Hills, CA
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed, so you can explore further.