Darren Reinke author of The Savage Leader: 13 Principles to Become a Better Leader from the Inside Out
Bill Ringle and Darren Reinke discuss finding the courage to become a leader who has done the inner work no matter what your job title.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Make employees truly feel that they are part of the company and inspire them to have a sense of ownership and the opportunity to be a leader. [
- Leadership is a life-long responsibility that we all have and continue to learn and improve.
- Peel and look through the different layers of your business to gain insights.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Darren’s dad, who he described as a self-made guy with a deep passion for lifelong learning and growth, is his biggest inspiration growing up. [00:50]
- How his father’s influence gave him a strong urge to help others throughout his career. [02:16]
- When and why he decided to want to make coaching his career. [3:28]
- Darren on building our businesses as extensions of ourselves. [5:25]
- Developing leadership and the challenge of reaching people who don’t have it yet. [07:52]
- David is a client of Darren’s who needed help improving his executive presence. [09:11]
- How we learn leadership through reading books. [12:59]
- The importance of identifying our values and enriching them. [16:19]
- Meditation and journaling and how they can help us focus. [17:54]
- Darren shares his experience and learning doing volunteer work at The Focus Foundation. [21:36]
- The importance of inspiring employees to have a sense of ownership. [24:23]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [25:49]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Darren is the founder of Group Sixty, an executive coaching and training company focused on building great leaders from the inside out. Group Sixty works with leaders and teams at Fortune 500’s, mid-market companies, fast-growing startups, and visionary non-profits. Darren is also the author of “The Savage Leader”, a new leadership book that provides a blueprint for becoming a great leader through the adoption of the 13 Savage Principles.
Contact Info and Social Media for Darren Reinke
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Encinitas, California
- Connect on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.