Sam Silverstein , author of I Am Accountable: Ten Choices that Create Deeper Meaning in Your Life, Your Organization, and Your World
Bill Ringle and Sam Silverstein discuss the importance of being fully, not just superficially, accountable for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- In relational leadership, there is always accountability.
- The purpose of accountability is to bring forth the best of everyone.
- When leaders empower their people to share speak out their minds and give them confidence that their ideas will be respected, it creates a more innovative work culture, and these help build strong relationships both internally and externally.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Sam proudly talks about how his maternal grandfather’s values and wisdom inspired him growing up. [01:20]
- Here he shares an experience when he was invited to speak at a hotel and he remembered and applied his grandfather’s wisdom. [06:15]
- The joys of leadership. [10:05]
- The definition and importance of accountability. [11:50]
- The client story of John and how he asked Sam for help to bring value in his company. [13:14]
- The different commitments and accountability principles. [15:25]
- Two quotes that good leadership inspires. [17:13]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round Begins [20:08]
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Accountability & Leadership Keynote Speaker Sam Silverstein’s mission is to empower people to live accountable lives, transform the way they do business, and thrive at extraordinary levels. By challenging leaders to shift priorities, cultivate an organizational culture, and inspire both individuals and teams to take ownership in fresh and results-producing ways – he is helping companies dramatically increase productivity, profitability, and growth. Global Gurus has named Sam Silverstein as one of the World’s Top Organizational Culture Professionals.
Sam is the creator of Pivot!, the preeminent course designed to help individuals discover their purpose, mission, and Non-Negotiable core values. He is the author of ten books including I Am Accountable, Non-Negotiable, No More Excuses, Making Accountable Decisions, No Matter What, and The Success Model.
As a former executive and owner, Sam successfully sold one of his businesses to a Fortune 500 company. Today, Sam writes, speaks, and consults with organizations around the globe to think differently, work with renewed purpose, and achieve record-breaking results. He works with entrepreneurs, multi-national companies, corporations, and government agencies to drive increased accountability, engagement, and productivity.
Contact Info for Sam Silverstein
- Primary Website
- Travels from: St Louis, MO
- Connect on Facebook l Twitter l LinkedIn l Instagram l YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Don Wainwright – former CEO of Wainwright Industries