Travis Marsh , co-author of Lead Together: The Bold, Brave, Intentional Path to Scaling Your Business
Travis Marsh and Bill Ringle discuss how to build a more collaborative workplace, where your people have the awareness and flexibility to make their best contributions in a small to mid-sized business.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Design your leadership in ways that help people build their confidence in their ability to lead others in any situation.
- Building a solid and close relationship with non-managerial people creates loyalty and a deeper connection.
- The ripple effect created when you believe that people are innately good, trustworthy, and capable.
- I was standing on something stronger, whatever I say would be exactly what I believed.
- You either have that belief one way or the other, not part of this part of that.
- We’re going to screw up and sometimes it might hurt a little bit, but we agree that we’re in this together and we’re trying to do this for the betterment.
- Leadership is helping get the best out of the challenges and the people addressing the situation.
- Make agreements that work well for you and try out new ones. Don’t be afraid to have them as tentative.
- When we have that position of power, it’s easy for us to speak up.
- In every organization and situation, there’s always somebody that has more context or more information.
- Psychological safety is so critical.
- We’ve got to feel like our voice is going to be respected, heard and understood.
- I’m successful when people around me are succeeding and doing more than they thought they could.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Travis shares why his father serves as a great inspiration for him growing up. [01:06]
- Travis gives an example of how a company can implement its values and mission. [06:17]
- Are people fundamentally good? [10:13]
- Travis explains the essential of pychological safety. [16:09]
- Travis talks about how to give effective feedback without creating fear of failure. [19:44]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round. [22:13]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Travis Marsh is a facilitator, coach, and trainer who works with companies and nonprofits by introducing mindsets and tools that help dynamic leadership grow.
He started his career in engineering and has worked in sales, marketing, operations, software development, and people operations, and has led teams in several of those areas.
He has worked in multinational organizations as well as startups growing 10-fold per year, seeing the interconnection and big impact of small changes in leadership and followership.
He also works at the Stanford Graduate School of Business facilitating a class on interpersonal communication. He coaches purpose-driven companies, both VC-funded and bootstrapped.
Contact Info for Travis Marsh
Web address: http://www.themastersmark.com/
Travels from: San Francisco, CA