Danielle Grant, author of LEADING BEYOND THE EGO: How To Become A Transpersonal Leader
Danielle Grant and Bill Ringle discuss the remarkable difference on retention, recruitment, and profitability when your senior managers are on the journey toward transpersonal leadership for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take Aways from this Interview
- Leadership is a journey of self-discovery, starting with raising self-awareness.
- Peter’s example of leading his quasi-governmental team to higher levels of customer service.
- The right climate cultivates the conditions for the kind of leadership we all want within our organizations.
- People learn when you generate the conditions for them to have insights.
- Our vision is where we want to go on the horizon, but our purpose is to change the world.
- Emotional intelligence can be manipulative. To avoid that you have to be entirely aligned with one’s values and one’s higher purpose.
- We know that the fish rots from the head, and that culture and climate are very often a corollary of the behavior of the leadership.
- The transpersonal leader leads beyond their ego, not just in their self interest for their own glorification or power. They do it for the greater good. They do it in service of a purpose of their organization.
- Empower those in the organization, give them the awareness of how to cascade the behaviors so that they have an impact on those underneath them.
- Leadership is about creating a new direction. It is about inspiring. It’s about vision.
- If you’re trying to influence and inspire, you want to be at the visionary end of the spectrum, you want to be a leader at that point.
- Very often a leader will have to flip between being a manager and a leader. It’s about the awareness of where they are on the spectrum and being at the right place on the spectrum at any given moment.
- One normally starts with a journey of self discovery in becoming a leader.
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Danielle Grant is a Director of LeaderShape Global with many years of experience coaching and facilitating programs at CEO and Director level. A former businesswoman, she is a thought leader in blended learning methodologies.
Danielle holds an MA with Distinction in Leadership Development and has been a Hon. Lecturer of the University of Chester, delivering LeaderShape’s suite of Post-Graduate qualifications. She also undertakes speaking engagements on key Leadership topics.
Danielle is a co-author of “Leading Beyond the Ego – how to become a transpersonal leader” and of “Leadership Assessment for Talent Development” and also had numerous articles published on topics around diversity and inclusion and women’s leadership.
She specializes in the Delivery of Business Excellence through Developmental & transformational team and 1-2-1 business coaching; Leadership development, competency evaluation. Master’s level Coach-Mentor-Facilitator and Leadership Development courses. Design & Development of blended embedded learning programs, based on Work-Based Learning and brain-friendly principles.
Contact Info for Danielle Grant
- Web address: https://www.leadershapeglobal.com/
- Travels from: Bury, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Connect on Twitter