Goal-Setting Boot Camp: Getting from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Kevin Shulman
Kevin Shulman and Bill Ringle discuss the subtle differences in goal setting that can make a huge difference in goal attainment for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Smart companies have effective goal setting at all levels and in all areas of the given enterprise, and, that it “starts in the personal realm” and moves outward from there.
- Identify selling behaviors in salespeople is critical as it is the only way to determine what modifications will enable them to meet and exceed goals.
- Effective goal setting is all about accountability and responsibility. Whatever your life looks like now, you must understand it and own it.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Kevin shares how Dr. McKraken taught him to give up guilt for the better and changed his life. [1:01]
- The importance of setting personal goals before establishing a set of company goals or sales goals. [04:38]
- Differentiating between short-term, long-term goals, and retirement goals. [5:18]
- Salespeople really need to write their goals to reach their full potential. [8:05]
- Keys to effectively set a personal goal. [10:14]
- Kevin explains the impact of the doubler process on a client who runs a manufacturing firm. [13:04]
- Insights from Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich for goal setting. [16:58]
- My Quest for the best lightning round [25:04]
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
As a certified Sandler trainer, Kevin Shulman has helped individuals, companies, and professional organizations across the country to set and attain important goals for almost 30 years. He has delivered training in locations as diverse as Las Vegas and Madison Square Garden, yet spends most of the time with his local clients. He is also frequently asked to assist in training other sales trainers.
Shulman completed his undergraduate work at the University of Southern California, where he obtained a degree in psychology, followed by graduate studies in industrial psychology at Wayne State University. He specializes in helping business owners, sales leaders, and salespeople grow their base of business and reach their full potential.