Robert Grigore, author of You NEED Therapy. EMDR: Real People, With Real Problems, Getting Real Help
Robert Grigore and Bill Ringle discuss the process and possibilities that the Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) modality can offer relief from anxiety, addictions, eating disorders, and more in days instead of years for small business owners, celebrities, and others in demanding career roles who don’t have a lot of time to invest before experiencing results.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Most people think that therapy needs to be a long, drawn-out process lasting several years, and even decades. EMDR success stories prove that results can come in days.
- The way your brain encoded these experiences, leaving you with a negative belief about yourself (usually starts very early in childhood). Memories contain distressing elements of your experiences that were unprocessed at the time, and your brain thinks you need to hang on to it for survival purposes.
- EMDR is NOT talk therapy. EMDR is about eliminating your problems – completely.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Robert shares that his father constantly inspired him to pursue his dreams and passions. [2:02]
- Robert reveals how he shifted his career from being a music artist to be a psychologist. [4:50]
- He mentions what lead him to a decision to be a therapist. [8:45]
- What EMDR is. [11:13]
- How to deal with problems with EMDR and finding clarity and peace. [13:45]
- How the brain is always trying to heal itself. [15:02]
- Robert explains talk therapy vs EMDR. [19:01]
- Robert shares an experience with his clients’ trauma of being abused. [23:01]
- Robert shares another experience with his client who deems that therapies can take too much time or investment. [27:28]
- Another experience with his client who deals with aggression with her team member. [33:17]
- Robert states that addiction has an element of shame attached to it. [33:47]
- Why people wear masks: how they think the world is seeing them vs how they are really feeling. [34:10]
- Robert points out that it’s our own interpretation of a situation, our past is keeping us a prisoner of our present [38:20]
- My Quest for the best lightning round [38:58]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Robert A. Grigore MCP, RCC is a registered Clinical Counsellor, Certified EMDR Therapist, EMDR consultant, published EMDR author, and the Owner of Grigore Counseling.
Robert has dedicated his practice to helping creative professionals like you to radically let go of unhealthy behavior patterns and unwanted feelings and belief systems in as little as a single weekend. He knows that when you are living in your highest state, you not only create through a higher vibration, but your message strikes a “deeper chord” with your following.
Contact Info for Robert Grigore
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Connect on Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.