Mike Robbins, author of WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER: Creating a Team Culture of High Performance, Trust, and Belonging
Mike Robbins and Bill Ringle discuss principles and examples of authentic appreciation, strong leadership, even when operating remotely, and the mindset qualities that allow and inspire high performance.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Strong leadership in the midst of uncertainty is about courage and authenticity.
- Teams that appreciate each other authentically have a huge advantage, especially in difficult times of change, adversity, and uncertainty.
- Showing up with authenticity and vulnerably not only liberates you, it allows your team to do the same.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Mike shares how his mother supported him as a young athlete while managing a single-parent household. [2:01]
- Mike talks about the values he learned from his mom that influence his speaking, writing, and consulting even to this day. [4:47]
- Mike shares his view on the important mindset traits common between sports, business, and life. [8:38]
- Mike discusses his perspectives on failure that he gained as a lifelong athlete. [12:07]
- Mike responds to the question: What do you think business leaders need to adopt in order to be successful during this time? [14:55]
- Really connecting with others. [20:18]
- Explores the stages of grief, and how loss is common in business and in life. [31:14]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [49:16]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Mike Robbins is the author of five books, including his latest, WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER: Creating a Team Culture of High Performance, Trust, and Belonging.
For the past 20 years, Mike Robbins has delivered keynotes and seminars for some of the top organizations in the world, including Google, Wells Fargo, Microsoft, Genentech, eBay, Harvard University, Gap, LinkedIn, the Oakland A’s.
He and his work have been featured in the New York Times and the Harvard Business Review, as well as on NPR and ABC News. He’s a regular contributor to Forbes, hosts a weekly podcast, and his books have been translated into 15 different languages.
Social Media Links
Books Authored by Mike Robbins
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
- Mike Robbins Official website – speaking, books, and consulting
- Carol Dweck | Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Jon Gordon’s website | MQ4B Episode 232 interview with Jon Gordon
- Stanford University
- Kansas City Royals