Julie Winkle Giulioni, author of Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Organizations Need and Employees Want
Julie Winkle Giulioni and Bill Ringle discuss Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Organizations Need and Employees Want for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- By working topdown, from the leaders changing their mindset to create the structures and the culture that allow conversation and expanding one’s current roles to start to replace some of the old pictures of what career development and career success look like.
- The time pressure and the need to get up to speed isn’t the pressure felt by the managers alone but also felt by the employees across the board.
- Developing talent is one of the most significant drivers of employee engagement.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Julie shares her inspiration and how he inspired her. [1:20]
- Why people overlook professional development in business. [04:02]
- The time pressure on both managers and employees [09:28]
- “Different titles” to different responsibilities [12:23]
- An example of a leader who stood up and said we want some guidance on development. [19:05]
- Some of the outstanding changes that occurred, [24:33]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [26:20]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Julie Winkle Giulioni is the co-author of the Amazon bestseller, Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Organizations Need and Employees Want. She’s been identified by Inc. Magazine as one the Top 100 Leadership Speakers. She writes monthly columns for Training Industry Magazine and Saba’s Talent Space and regularly contributes her thought leadership to The Economist, SmartBrief, Saba’s TalentSpace, the Conference Board’s Human Capital Exchange and other publications.
Julie works with clients domestically and internationally to design, develop, facilitate, and evaluate performance improvement strategies in support of business needs. Specializing in commercial product development and custom training, Julie and her firm provide ‘learning that works’.
Previously, Julie led the product development effort at AchieveGlobal, the world’s largest training provider at the time. In that role, she conceived and developed leadership development products used. by organizations worldwide. She has also held multiple learning leader roles and was a department chair and professor at a Southern California university.
Industry awards and recognition include Human Resource Executive Magazine’s Top Ten Training Products, Training Industry Editor’s Readership Award, Global HR Excellence Award for Strategic Leadership, New Media Invision, ITVA, New York Film Festival, Lguide recognition for developing “e-learning at its best.”
Contact Info for Julie Winkle Giulioni
Web address: http://www.juliewinkleigulioni.com/
Travels from: South Pasadena, CA
Social Media Links: