Jon Gordon, author of The Power of Positive Leadership: How and Why Positive Leaders Transform Teams and Organizations and Change the World
Jon Gordon and Bill Ringle discuss the Power of Positive Leadership as applied in small business and professional sports teams.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Positivity within the team starts at a cultural level where you say this is the kind of culture that we’re going to build, this our value, this is the importance of positivity to be a great team.
- As a small business owner, you’re going to face rejection, adversity, challenges, and setbacks, and you have to have a vision of what you have to build knowing that adversity is gonna be part of the process.
- Leadership is a transferred belief and passion and energy.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Jon shares about his inspiration – Ken Blanchard and how he influenced him to connect to his potential. [00:42]
- How did you break in with your first book and what was the result of that for your career? [4:05]
- What is it that you learn about overcoming rejection through that process that you might be able to pass on to small business leaders? [6:45]
- Jon talks about Michael Phelps attribute on how he manages his team [10:07]
- What are some tips and guidelines on how to manage “energy vampires?” [13:45]
- MQ4B lightning round. [19:24]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Jon Gordon’s best-selling books and talks have inspired readers and audiences around the world. His principles have been put to the test by numerous Fortune 500 companies, professional and college sports teams, school districts, hospitals, and non-profits.
He is the author of 18 books including multiple best-sellers including, The Energy Bus, The Carpenter, Training Camp, You Win in the Locker Room First, The Power of Positive Leadership and The Power of a Positive Team. His latest book is The Coffee Bean: A Simple Lesson to Create Positive Change.
Jon and his tips have been featured on The Today Show, CNN, CNBC, The Golf Channel, Fox and Friends and in numerous magazines and newspapers. His clients include The Los Angeles Dodgers, The Atlanta Falcons, Campbell Soup, Dell, Publix, Southwest Airlines, LA Clippers, Miami Heat, Pittsburgh Pirates, BB&T Bank, Clemson Football, Northwestern Mutual, West Point Academy and more.
Jon is a graduate of Cornell University and holds a Masters in Teaching from Emory University. He and his training/consulting company are passionate about developing positive leaders, organizations and teams.
Contact Info for Jon Gordon
Web address: http://jongordon.com/
Travels from: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Social Media Links: