John Lee Dumas, author of The Freedom Journal
John Lee Dumas and Bill Ringle discuss the success journey of Entrepreneurs on Fire as well as key principles from The Freedom Journal for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Define your niche clearly and accurately so that you know you’re speaking to who represents the market you serve.
- Measure the daily downloads, episode downloads, and month-over-month growth, and measure the engagement with your listeners.
- When you keep metrics that matter, your business will succeed as a result.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Can you describe your podcast and a couple of its attributes that make Entrepreneurs on Fire a unique podcast?
- [01:23]JLD shares a couple of the metrics he used to measure the success of his podcast.
- [03:45]He answered: What are some struggles you faced when you were starting on your podcast adventure?
- [05:34]Gratitude is one attribute that keeps JLD encouraged even when the chips are down.
- [07:48]What’s the mistake you’ve noticed and encountered in people that really helped you be grateful?
- [09:48]JLD talks about the turning point wherein he realized the podcast would going to take off [11:19]. What are one or two of the key criteria you have knowing that you’ve been successful or pursuing the path of success as you defined it? [13:40]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, a business podcast where he interviews successful entrepreneurs and releases new episodes daily. He is arguably one of the most successful podcasters in the business.
Entrepreneurs On Fire launched on September 22, 2012. As of 2018, his podcasts have received 70 million downloads with 1 million monthly listens. Through EOFire, he has grossed over 16 million dollars since its launch, and his popularity and platform continue to grow with a core team of himself and Kate Erickson, supplemented by a handful of VAs.
John is the author of The Freedom Journal – The Best Daily Planner to Accomplish Your #1 Goal in 100 Days , The Mastery Journal – The Best Daily Planner for mastering productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days! and The Podcast Journal – from idea to Podcast Launch in 50 Days!
He graduated from Providence College on an Army ROTC scholarship.
John was born and raised in Maine and now lives in Puerto Rico with Kate.
Contact Info for John Lee Dumas
Web address: https://www.eofire.com/
Travels from: Humacao, PR