Carla Feagan, author of A Life Worth Living: The Journey of an Authentic Soul
Bill Ringle and Carla Feagan discuss going beyond your comfort zone to create a life worth living and a business worth leading.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Key points that you’ll learn from this interview:
- Carla’s best advice: open yourself up to opportunities
- Contrasting the conditions in Cambodia and Vietnam with day-to-day troubles in US-based businesses
- What one client did who was not feeling worthy of financial success
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- 3:14 “I knew nothing about the business or the industry, I just jumped in and did it.”
- 4:03 How Carla’s decision to eliminate her need to constantly save money freed her self up to have more adventures and new experiences.
- 6:04 How Carla’s close friend encouraged her to write the book. – “You need to allow people to see that they’re not the only ones who have gone through traumatic circumstances in their life.”
- 7:20 On Writing the Book – “It was a truly cathartic experience because it allowed me to piece my life together.”
- 8:45 Why Carla would change nothing about her tumultuous past in light of her brilliant present.
- 9:40 “When I came back [from my trip] I didn’t want to jump back into the old world of making money just to be making money, I wanted to do something that I was passionate about. And I realized that would be something that would give back to people.”
- 11:31 How Carla’s traumatic childhood gave her a negative sense about herself that she had to overcome as an adult, especially concerning her relationships.”
- 13:05 Carla’s tips for overcoming subconscious self-sabotage.
- 15:10 How Carla was able to help a client see a 20% increase in his business after a 2.5-month coaching investment with her.
- 17:10 The question business owners should ask – “Is there something from the past stopping me from getting to my next step?”
- 17:48 How Carla’s experiences in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Eastern Africa reshaped her worldview.
- 20:56 “It was the internal strength of the people that really resonated with me.”
- 22:06 “By being able to take yourself out and actually visiting and seeing those places and feeling the energies around there, it really does make a difference.”
- 23:45 “Most people find passion by being able to help others.”
- 25:23 “Look for ways you can give back, even to the community you’re in.”
- 26:13 Carla’s tips for staying on track and productive. – “I decide what my day is going to be like.”
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Carla Feagan was born in Changi, Singapore on a British RAF Base. After Singapore, her family moved to England and then to Canada when she was 7. Carla has lived all over Western and Central Canada including ten years in the North West Territories. She holds an honors degree in Computer Systems Technology and has been a speaker at Microsoft World Wide Partner Conferences. She has been acting CFO of a hospital and an airline and owned her own businesses. Carla also has over 20 years of research in order to set herself free from her past. In 2015, she left her job to experience her own EAT, PRAY, LOVE journey to 21 countries for a year. Carla currently lives and works remotely from Playa del Carmen, MX, understanding the true value of creating the life you want.
Contact Info for Carla Feagan
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Carmen, Mexico
- Phone:(707) 969-7972
- Connect on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest