Founder of Snyder Leadership, Management Expert and Author
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth.
Management expert Steven Snyder talks to Bill Ringle about what leaders have in common, and why success is a bad teacher.
Listen to this interview to learn:
- How consulting offers a post-graduate education in business.
- Details about the what leaders find in common while advancing their business goals: change, tension points, and feeling off-balance at times.
- The importance and value of embracing one’s own struggle story as a way to greater authenticity, clarity, and power.
- When success can make a lousy teacher.
- Different types of blind spots that leaders typically face.
- How working to solve the wrong problem can be corrected.
Steven Snyder is the founder and managing director of Snyder Leadership Group.
Snyder joined Microsoft in 1983, when the company was in its infancy. His work there, praised by Bill Gates, secured the relationship with IBM during a crucial stage in Microsoft’s growth and helped shape the history of the personal computer industry. Promoted as Microsoft’s first business unit general manager, Snyder led the company’s Development Tool business, where his team won PC Magazine’s Technical Excellence Award on three occasions.
In 1996, Snyder co-founded Net Perceptions, where he commercialized “collaborative filtering” – a technology that enables the real-time personalized recommendations that have become central to the online shopping experience. This groundbreaking work won Snyder the first-ever World Technology Award for Commerce in 1999 for “contributing to the advance of emerging technologies for the benefit of business and society.”
Snyder holds an MBA from the Harvard Business School, where he was a Baker Scholar, and a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Minnesota.
Leadership and the Art of Struggle is his first book.
For more information, visit Steven’s website.
Contact Info for Steven Snyder
Web address: Snyderleadership.com
Travels From: Orono, MN