Author, Speaker, and CEO of Nick’s Pizza & Pub
Listen to this interview to learn:
- The most important aspect of a business is not it’s product or people or process, but another “p” word
- The importance of making your company values current and present to each employee so that employees can use values in day-to-day decision making
- The case of the burned bottom pizza, and the broader lessons any business owner can draw from it
- Why you need to oversee multiple health dimensions of a business for all stakeholders
- What exceptional factors drives higher profits and lower turnover in a traditionally slim margin and low commitment business that you can model in your business
Nick Sarillo is the founder and CEO of Nick’s Pizza & Pub, the sixth busiest independent pizza company in per-store sales in the United States. Founded with the purpose of providing the community with an unforgettable place where families could relax and have fun, Nick’s Pizza & Pub has margins nearly twice that of the average pizza restaurant and boasts an 80 percent employee retention rate in an industry in which the average annual turnover is over 150 percent.
A regular speaker at entrepreneurship and HR conferences, Sarillo credits his company’s success to his purpose-driven culture. Nick is also the author of A Slice of the Pie: How to Build a Big Little Business, which offers small business owners a handbook for creating a culture that will support a business through good times and bad – even in an industry where turnover is high, expectations are low, and a college degree is not required.
For more information, visit Nick’s website.
Contact Info for Nick Sarillo
Web address: NickSarillo.com
Travels From: Chicago, IL