Pete Williams, Entrepreneur Advisor, Marketer, and author of Cadence
Pete Williams talks with Bill Ringle about how to add repeatable, understandable 10% wins in your business growth based on Cadence: A Tale of Fast Business Growth
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Key points that you’ll learn from this interview:
- Pete Williams’ “7 Levers” approach to business growth
- How telling a story can make a dry business topic become infinitely more interesting.
- Why it’s important to step back and ask “What really drives profit in a business?”
- The reason why focusing on achieving 10% wins is more sustainable long term.
- Pete’s trusted tools for split testing
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- 1:53 Pete describes the impact business greats Richard Branson and Bill Gates had on his young entrepreneurial mind.
- 3:55 What Pete’s early retail jobs taught him about running a business.
- 5:36 “I’m a really big believer in stories.”
- 7:30 Summary of the relationship of JJ the bike store owner and Charlie the mentor featured in Pete’s book Cadence.
- 8:43 Why so many business owners deal with the “little feeling of overwhelm.”
- 9:02 “Most people don’t realize they need that skill set before it’s too late.”
- 10:23 “What really drives profit in a business?”
- 11:15 “You don’t have to double your leads or double your traffic to get a 2x profit. You can [instead] increase 7 areas by 10%”
- 13:53 The impact of small wins.
- 14:57 The 7 Levers approach to business growth.
- 16:30 “All you need to do is increase each of those [levers] by 10%.”
- 17:49 “There are only 7 things that grow profit, and only 7 things you have to manage, and measure.”
- 18:51 Tools you can buy to help manage and measure these levers.
- 20:14 Why you shouldn’t overcomplicate managing these levers.
- 20:37 “One of the reasons people think it’s scary is because they don’t want to look at the numbers in two months’ time and see minimal growth.”
- 21:31 “Small wins are what you need.”
- 25:25 Why you should engage your whole team to work on increasing the levers together.
- 26:41 Pete’s trusted split testing tools.
- 29.51 You shouldn’t change tools that are working just because you’re bored with them.
- 30:45 My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins.
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Pete Williams is an entrepreneur, advisor, and marketer who Forbes recently called, “one entrepreneur today that every marketer should be modeling,” while Inc. describes him as, “a savvy marketing strategist.”
A Southern Region Finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Program, a Small Business ICON (Best-in-Class) Recipient, and an Australian Business Award Winner for Marketing Excellence, he is the co-founder of numerous businesses across varying industries—from telecommunications services to e-commerce.
Having been referred to as “Australia’s Richard Branson” in media publications, Pete first made a name for himself when, at age twenty-one, he sold Australia’s version of Yankee Stadium, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, for under $500—which you can read about in his first book, How to Turn Your Million-Dollar Idea Into a Reality (2007).
Pete’s companies include Infiniti Telecommunications, SimplyHeadsets.com.au, SpringCom Telecommunications, and Preneur Group, an advisory consulting firm that guides business owners through the process of increasing profits, margins, and other key indicators by using the 7 Levers approach to business growth.
Contact Info and Social Media for Pete Williams
- Primary Website
- Travels from: St Kilda, Victoria, Australia
- Connet on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
Resources Mentioned by Pete Williams:
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.