Founder, RubySpeaks, Inc.
Listen to this interview to learn:
- Ruby’s journey from swim coach to trainer of world-class companies, organizations, and associations, such as the Olympics, US Open, and the Superbowl.
- The loyalty and retention trend impacting many industries in the recovering economy in the United States.
- The connection between rose water and a memorable hotel visit.
- What premium suite ticket holders really value.
- Why organizations that treat their staff well have happier customers.
- How staff can inadvertently upset a customer by using the wrong word that is a near-universal hot button.
- The two-step process Zappos uses to define job criteria to ensure good hires.
Ruby Newell-Legner is a Certified Speaking Professional, a designation bestowed by the National Speakers Association to less than 400 speakers in the world. She founded RubySpeaks, Inc. in 1994 with a singular mission: to provide the hands-on training employees need to create a more productive work environment where everyone can excel on the job. Over the last decade, she has presented more than 1800 programs in nine countries and has shown tens of thousands of participants how to quickly improve workplace performance.
An award-winning and nationally recognized training expert in the Leisure and Hospitality Industry, Ruby is also a facilitator with a proven ability to create environments where groups can brainstorm effectively, share perspectives and come to consensus-while enjoying the process. Ruby’s high-impact trainings are based on 25 years as a front-line service provider and manager in parks and recreation; she has been presenting training programs in that area for the last 13 years. With “in the trenches” practical know-how, Ruby has an uncommon level of experience that gives immediate credibility with conference attendees and allows her to offer suggestions and recommendations based on actual hands-on experience. Her clients range from NFL stadium management staff to leaders in municipal government to Jumeirah International, the Dubai, United Arab Emirates-based luxury hospitality group that has the only seven-star hotel in the world, the Burj Al Arab.
For more information, visit her on the RubySpeaks website.
Contact Info for Ruby Newell-Legner
Business Name: RubySpeaks, Inc.
Business Phone: 303-933-9291
Web address: RubySpeaks.com
Travels from: Boulder, CO