President of Kinsey Consulting Services
Listen to this interview to learn:
- The two channels of non-verbal communication that we want leaders to use
- Gender differences and how they impact non-verbal leadership signals
- Cultural views of time and tips on how to be respectful when traveling abroad
- How emotions are common across cultures, but what can be shared, displayed, or shown differs
- What makes our brains default to negative interpretations of any news under certain circumstances
Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., president of Kinsey Consulting Services, is a keynote speaker, executive coach, and leadership consultant. Her clients include over 100 organizations in 24 countries, including PepsiCo, the American Institute of Banking, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the Library of Congress.
Carol is a leadership blogger for Forbes, an expert contributor to the “On Leadership” column for the Washington Post, and a business body language columnist for the Market magazine. She has authored eleven books, including This Isn’t the Company I Joined, about leadership in a constantly changing organization, Ghost Story, a business fable about the power of knowledge sharing, and The Nonverbal Advantage: Secrets and Science of Body Language at Work. Her latest book is The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can help – or Hurt – How You Lead. Carol is frequently cited in a range of major media as a leading authority on leadership, change management, collaboration, and body language in the workplace.
Carol has served as adjunct faculty at John F. Kennedy University in the International MBA program, at U.C. Berkeley in the Executive Education Department, and for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States at their Institutes for Organization Management; she is a current faculty member with the Institute for Management Studies.
For more information, visit Carol’s website.
Contact Info for Carol Goman
Business Phone: 510-526-1727
Web address: CarolKinseyGoman.com
Travels From: San Francisco, CA