Independent journalist specializing in careers and entrepreneurship
New York, NY
Listen to this interview to learn:
- Keys to building great relationships with clients
- How the criteria you use for evaluating opportunities change as you change your business vision
- The central role of courage for succeeding as an entrepreneur
- How trusting your observations and taking action lead to success
- Important networking advice for corporate managers and leaders
Elaine Pofeldt is an independent journalist who specializes in writing about careers and entrepreneurship. When she was a senior editor at Fortune Small Business magazine, she was twice nominated for the National Magazine Award for her feature stories.
She went freelance in October 2007 and has since written for publications including Fortune Money Forbes and a variety of other print and online publications. At Crain’s New York Business, she is a contributing editor, focused on the weekly’s small business coverage. She writes a how-to column and one on startups, called Startup Scene. At Fortune, she writes a column called David vs. Goliath, looking at small companies that are taking on giant competitors.
Having built traffic Fortune Small Business Online from a fledgling site to one with 2 million to 5 million page views a month, she frequently draws on her experience to help clients improve their online presence. She also founded Fortune Small Business’s national Business Plan Competition and ran it for 5 years.
For more information, visit Elaine’s website.