Entrepreneur, Bicycle Retailer, Author, and Speaker
Chris Zane talks to Bill Ringle on My Quest for the Best about company culture, the magic number, and bicycles.
Listen to this interview to learn:
- The impact that taking full responsibility has on the culture of Zane’s Cycles.
- Factors that are used to successfully differentiate from competitors.
- Why free lifetime service is included with every bicycle sold.
- How the “magic number” helps his team members remember to treat customers with great care and respect.
- His philosophy of “not being in the bike business, but in the customer service business” and how that can benefit your company, too.
Chris Zane is a veteran of the retail bicycle industry who bought his first bike shop at age 16 and built Zane’s Cycles into largest bicycle shop in Connecticut by the age of 30. Today, Zane’s Cycles is one of the largest retail bicycle stores in the nation. He has positioned himself at the forefront of the industry by continuously setting standards in customer loyalty and creative marketing.
Chris is a sought-after speaker and the author of Reinventing the Wheel: The Science of Creating Lifetime Customers. His cutting-edge marketing techniques have been used as case studies in more than a dozen college textbooks worldwide and he has been the subject of several articles in publications such as The Harvard Business Review, Inc. magazine, Fortune magazine, and The Wall Street Journal.
Since 1985, Chris has been accumulating awards and accolades such as the Better Business Bureau’s “Award of Recognition for Customer Service and Outstanding Business Practices,” Fast Company magazine’s “Customer First Award,” and North American Bicyclist magazine’s “North America’s Best Bicycle Retailer” Award.
Contact Info for Chris Zane
Business Phone: 203-488-3244 or 800-551-BIKE (toll free)
Travels From: Hartford, CT