Managing Director, New Markets Advisors
Listen to this interview to learn:
- How success in embarking on new ventures leads to its own momentum.
- What a South African bank did to expand its opportunities through looking at the problems its customers were facing from their perspective.
- What it means to assess what doesn’t exist in the marketplace and how it might present a growth opportunity.
- The viewpoint of a company evaluating a new market strategy and the risks they have to weigh.
- Whether your best bet is to take a superhighway or a country road or a combination of the two as you innovate towards growth.
As a specialist in new markets, Stephen Wunker combines world-class strategy consulting and entrepreneurial skills. Since 2009, he has led New Markets Advisors, which is dedicated to helping companies find, enter, and win in new markets. He has a long track record of creating successful ventures for his own companies and on behalf of clients, including developing dozens of new growth platforms for clients in a decade of consulting for both start-up and large firms across six continents, establishing new growth businesses for Africa’s largest cellular network, creating the first mobile Internet device marketed outside Japan, and pioneering the use of cellphones as marketing tools.
Stephen is the author of Capturing New Markets: How Smart Companies Create Opportunities Others Don’t, and has published frequently in journals such as Forbes, BusinessWeek, Managed Care, and US Banker. His press and television appearances include the New York Times, Bloomberg and the BBC, and he has also been a guest lecturer at Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business.
Prior to being the Managing Director of New Markets Advisors, he was Managing Director of Celpay, a start-up created by the pan-African mobile network Celtel, and he served as Celtel’s Business Development Director. He was also CEO of Brainstorm, a developer of mobile middleware software that acquired a start-up he founded, Saverfone. Additionally, he was responsible for bringing the leading British electronics firm Psion into the cellphone market, creating joint ventures with Ericsson and Motorola.
For more information, visit Stephen’s website.
Contact Info for Stephen Wunker
Business Phone: 617-337-3060
Web address: NewMarketsAdvisors.com
Travels From: Boston, MA