Tamara Gerlach, Author of Cultivating Radiance
Tamara Gerlach talks to Bill Ringle on My Quest for the Best about networking, persistence, and what it means to cultivate radiance.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Highlights from this Interview:
- How to take yourself lightly and your business seriously
- The rapid business boost a successful book can provide
- What interviews and focused networking can do for your business growth
Read the Show Notes from this Episode:
- 2:28 Tamara has found that creating partnerships and collaborating has grown her business in the last six months.
- 4:09 These partnerships have been intuited through paying attention to the clues that others display when they want to work with Tamara.
- 7:17 A core part of Tamara’s business is referring to others’ works and networking.
- 8:57 Tamara finds self-care is essential to creating a sturdy foundation on which people can then help others: “People will take care of everyone and everything else, and put themselves last.”
- 10:30 Tamara gives an example of a ‘Radiance Makeover’: start with self-awareness and think of an aspect of your life you could be a bit more radiant, create a new story to see what else might be possible, then recalibrate and let your light out.
- 11:56 “It’s about turning up your lights. The new story is the beautiful, radiant ‘turn up your lights’ story, and you get to enthusiastically choose what you’re going to do with confidence, and wake up all your passion. Tell the story about the life you want to have, and then you start acting like that.”
- 14:21 One of the first shifts towards sustainable business practices was finding a mentor, who told Tamara that she was running a business, not just working a job after she started her own gymnastics center.
- 16:07 Tamara identifies resiliency and persistence as key aspects for business owners to have in order to promote change by taking risks.
- 21:13 “Be more radiant; your life will be better!”
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Tamara Gerlach has taught, mentored, and coached thousands of people in creating freedom and Cultivating Radiance in their lives since 1982. She loves to create opportunities for others to deeply experience what they are learning, and to inspire others to become empowered by getting into action around changing their lives.
She began life and business coaching in 2001 after working with Rich Fettke for several years and seeing the impact coaches have on people and businesses. She obtained her training through the Coaches Training Institute, as well as completing Leadership training through Coactive Space. She has assisted the leaders of numerous coaching courses as well as a nine-month leadership course.
She is passionate about working with business leaders, entrepreneurs, athletes, parents, students, and anyone who wants to empower their life to achieve their goals.
Contact Info and Social Media for Tamara Gerlach
- Business Name: Cultivating Radiance
- Business Phone: 925-864-2093
- Web address: www.TamaraGerlach.com
- Travels From: San Francisco, CA
- COnnect on Twitter