Chuck Mollor, author of The Rise of the Agile Leader: Can You Make the Shift?
Chuck Mollor and Bill Ringle discuss insights about how you can benefit from messages contained in feedback from 1:1s to 360s for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways
- When our business grows, so do our responsibilities. As leaders, we need to learn how to change where we spend our time, delegate obligations, and know when to hire external help.
- Receiving 360 feedback will give us words that can hurt us. But feedback is critical because we might be 100% assured that we are competent enough with a job that sometimes we need our people to point out when and where we’re falling short.
- When our own people are hesitant to share their honest feedback even when asked, that is a sign of lack of trust and an urgent matter we need to fix.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Chuck talks about his greatest influence growing up, his best friend’s father Frank, who is also a father figure to him. [01:44]
- Understanding how the size of our organization affects how we communicate and how we care about our people. [04:28]
- How does a manager’s time shift as an organization grows? [07:31]
- The five drivers of growth: growth, direction, integrity, innovation, engagement, and urgency. [09:33]
- Recognizing when we’re not doing our job and when to seek external help. [11:42]
- What can you learn from receiving 360 feedback that can make you a better leader?.[14:26]
- CASE: Mike and why lack of trust alarm bells sound if our people don’t talk to us even when asked. [18:37]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [26:22]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Chuck Mollor is the founder, CEO, advisor, and executive coach at MCG Partners, an organization that helps develop leaders and teams, optimizing both businesses and individual talent. His new book and best-selling book, The Rise of the Agile Leader: Can You Make the Shift?, is a guide for the aspiring, mid, and seasoned c-leader and executive that introduces a new leadership paradigm, a roadmap of what makes a great leader, and what organizations must do to develop great leaders.
Contact Info and Social Media for Chuck Mollor
- Primary website
- Travels from: Middleboro, MA
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed, so you can explore further.