Byron Morrison, author of The Effective CEO: How to hone your focus, prioritize your time and take control of your CEO role
Bill Ringle and Byron Morrison discuss how you as a business leader can avoid becoming the bottleneck in your own business by working on your mindset, emotional control, and performance routines.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways
- While as leaders, our goal is to lead our organizations to success, we should not neglect essential areas in our personal lives, like our relationships and our health, to keep up our high energy. Our energy directly impacts our performance which directly affects the people we lead.
- Not prioritizing our personal development tanks our ability to lead.
- Instead of committing to following a to-do list, we should instead figure out what works best by aligning our energy and our schedule to what’s most important.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- A unique source of inspiration for Byron when he was growing up is Tome Delonge from Blink 182. [05:52]
- Byron shares how the artist he looked up to and his band, through their music, influenced his career as a businessman. [02:38]
- The impact Byron wants to achieve when he wrote The Effective CEO. [04:29]
- Byron recalls the day he decided to change as a person, which led to him writing his first bestselling book, Become a Better You, and starting his business. [05:33]
- CASE: Matthew was a client of Byron’s who runs a small advertising agency. He was struggling with his team not getting on board and him not knowing how to effectively delegate. [07:33]
- Why our personal lives should not be brushed off to purely focus on our role as leaders. [09:05]
- A key principle is figuring out your energy and how to structure your schedule to align with that. [11:20]
- CASE: Jason who runs a tech startup in Silicon Valley. Jason loves his to-do lists, not realizing that this practice of checking the boxes is a terrible approach for CEOs. [13:06]
- How to effectively implement and commit to time blocking and make it a part of your work style. [15:40]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [24:36]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Byron Morrison is the author of the books “The Effective CEO” and “CEO In Control”, as well as being a speaker and coach. He helps CEOs take control and become more effective in their role so that they can maximize their time, lead with confidence and grow a business without losing their sanity.
Contact Info and Social Media for byron Morrison
- Primary website
- Travels from: Warwick, Warwickshire
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed, so you can explore further.
- CEO In Control: Stop reacting, get out of your own head, and master the mental game needed to be a highly effective CEO by Byron Morrison
- Awaken the Giant Within- How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny! by Tony Robbins