Stu Heinecke, author of How to Grow Your Business Like a Weed: A Complete Strategy for Unstoppable Growth
Bill Ringle and Stu Heinecke discuss growing like a WEED model to grow, conquer, and protect your turf for small business owners.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- In a world of stiff competition, you have got to cultivate unfair advantages or you will perish.
- If you are optimistic, you do your work with more excitement, effort, determination, and conviction. Feeling depressed only diminishes your performance.
- Scaling is an excellent example of an unfair advantage because it goes beyond just you. It involves meaningful relationships with people that can help you advance your business.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- ‘Deal with what is’ is a message that Stu extracted from delving into the weeds.[00:37]
- What are the admirable traits of weeds that we can emulate to gain an unfair advantage to grow our business? [03:21]
- How can weeds be seen as conquerors? Is there a formula to follow to grow your business like a weed? [04:46]
- Can optimism be defined as the absence of depression? What can we learn about boundless optimism from the dandelion? [06:25]
- What are the six attributes that define the “grow your business like a weed” mindset? [07:06]
- What is the difference between growing your business and scaling your business? [08:23]
- What can you tell me abou the power of operating on a collective scale? Stu shares how he and his Author’s Leverage group scale collectively. [09:57]
- What is the Chief Weed Officer (CWO)? Why is having a recorded process important? [13:10]
- Weeds are often treated as pests but how they grow and thrive has inspired us to use them as metaphors for complimenting growth. [15:21]
- Why are founders not supposed to be part of the deliverables? [16:50]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Dubbed by the American Marketing Association the “Father of Contact Marketing,” STU HEINECKE is a Wall Street Journal cartoonist, hall of fame-nominated marketer and the bestselling author of How to Get a Meeting with Anyone and Get the Meeting!
Stu is also the founder of Cartoonists.org, a group of WSJ and New Yorker cartoonists who donate their art to help charities raise funds. Heinecke is author of How to Grow Your Business Like a Weed: A Complete Strategy for Unstoppable Growth.
Contact Info for Stu Heinecke
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Freeland, WA
Books Authored by Stu Heinecke
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
- My Quest for the Best interview: Using creativity and humor to make contact and build your business with guest expert Stu Heinecke
- Authors Leverage
- David Petraeus
- Barry McCaffrey
The 6 Elements of a GROWTH mindset from the Chief Weed Officer
- Irrepressible Optimism
- Ruthless Persistence
- Brutal Urgency
- Fearsome Aggression
- Nimble Adaptability
- Alien Resilience