Michelle Mazur, author of 3 Word Rebellion: Create a One-of-a-Kind Message that Grows Your Business into a Movement
Bill Ringle and Michelle Mazur discuss creating a pithy statement that brings prospects to do business with you for small business leaders, marketers, and entrepreneurs.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways
- Architect a clear and concise message that sticks into people’s minds to carve themselves a unique space in today’s overcrowded market.
- Word of mouth is great, but the downside is that we don’t control what people say about us and when they talk about us.
- If our message is purely focused on providing a solution, we might miss the group of people unaware they even have a problem.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Unlike most children, Michelle had unique inspiration growing up in the form of John F. Kennedy. She admitted to being pretty interested, albeit for naive reasons. in politics as a child. [01:00]
- Whether it is JFK, Martin Luther King, or any other politician, an apparent common ground they share that Michelle observed was that they master in delivering their message.[03:27]
- The downfall now that everyone has the means to market online is that the marketplace has become oversaturated. Michelle emphasizes the importance of messaging in carving your place in an overcrowded market.[06:22]
- Michelle, creating a message that captures attention creates a conversation that allows you to cultivate connection.[10:23]
- What makes the three-word rebellion works is that it encapsulates the message you want to convey and because it is short, it easily sticks to people’s mind. Michelle shares more examples of three-word rebellions that worked so well.[14:18]
- Michelle recalls when she first crystallized Three Word Rebellion and how she turned it into her brand.[16:34]
- The ‘Jesse Phenomenon’ and why marketing is not enough.[19:53]
- Why solution-focused messages are not as effective as we think and how we may miss potential clients if we simply rely on them. [22:57]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [27:50]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Michelle Mazur is a messaging expert who works with brilliant business owners who are shaking things up but having trouble talking about it. She combines the tools of successful social movements with the qualitative research skills she earned in her Communications Ph.D. to help them craft their powerful, captivating message. Get started finding your 3 Word Rebellion for free.
Contact Info and Social Media for Michelle Mazur
- Primary website
- Travels from: Seattle, WA
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed, so you can explore further.
- John F. Kennedy
- Martin Luther King
- StoryBrand by Donald Miller
- Find Your Red Thread by Tamsen Webster
- Five-second Rule by Mel Robbins
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Fortune 500
- Eugene Schwartz’s customer awareness spectrum