Mark LaChance, author of The Lucky Formula: How to Stack the Odds in Your Favor and Cash In on Success
Bill Ringle and Mark LaChance discuss how taking responsibility for your own luck changes the trajectory of your success in every area of your life and business.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
[podcastplayer fetch_method=’link’ mediasrc=’https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/myquest/MQ4B-Ep364-Mark-LaChance.mp3′ episodetitle=’Mark LaChance , author of The Lucky Formula: How to Stack the Odds in Your Favor and Cash In on Success’ episodelink=’https://myquestforthebest.com/364-mark-lachance’ cover_image_url=’https://myquestforthebest.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/Screen-Shot-2021-11-02-at-1.54.43-PM-1.png’ accent_color=’#0033CC’ hide_download=’true’ hide_social=’true’]
Top 3 Takeaways
- Luck is not random; rather, it is something we can craft and control through the way we think and the actions we do.
- Showing gratitude can cause a domino effect of a lot of good opportunities and useful relationships.
- Bring in people that can help you get to your goals rather than people think on a lower level.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Mark talks about his dad, who taught him and his brothers personal development. [01:23]
- The advantages of writing down goals. [03:56]
- The meaning of his last name and an exciting input about luck are things we can control. [04:41]
- How Mark develops his team with a positive focus. [05:53]
- Why hiring is critical and how to sift out applicants. [06:51]
- Mark shares his thoughts about the importance of gratitude. [09:36]
- What is a financial fortress? Mark shares one of the lessons he learned from the most transformative event he attended. [11:40]
- Taking accountability for your goals and business. [14:42]
- Take an inventory of your inner circle and other relationships and how these ties impact the probability of success. [16:30]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [18:28]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Mark Lachance is a serial entrepreneur, strategic thinker, and investor. He is a renowned figure in the business world, one who possesses a deep understanding of blitzscaling companies. Having owned and operated several businesses that have experienced hypergrowth through creative business development and lead generation, he is a master of sales and marketing and continues to apply and grow his expertise through current projects. Mark is the CEO and lead investor of Maxy Media Inc., one of the largest TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, and Google Display Network performance marketing agencies in the world. Currently, Maxy Media is the number one advertiser in terms of monthly spend on the TikTok platform in Canada and top ten in North America. In 2016, Mark successfully sold EVO Payments International Canada, an end-to-end payment solutions provider and merchant acquirer which he founded in 2009. He guided the company from its inception with one employee to over 200 employees across Canada. Prior to founding EVO, Mark was one of the founding members and president of VersaPay Inc, a payments solutions provider, which was taken public in 2010. Before joining VersaPay, Mark was a founding member of Pivotal Payments, which is now a multi-billion-dollar public company. He helped set the foundation and drive the company’s sales and revenues before his successful exit from the company in 2006. Mark has made several other highly successful investments in various industries such as payments, cryptocurrencies, marketing, nutrition, fitness, and sports. Over the past twenty-five years, he has invested in and consulted for dozens of other ventures, which have resulted in highly positive returns. He speaks and travels the world with his wife, Sonya, and their two boys.
Contact Info and Social Media for Mark LaChance
- Primary website
- Travels from: Montreal, Quebec
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed, so you can explore further.
- New York Islanders
- New Jersey Devils
- St. Louis Blues
- T. Boone Pickens
- Eric Sprott
- Tony Robbins
- Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies Reid Hoffman
- The Science Behind The Law of Attraction by Dr. Srinivasan Pillay
- Ray Dalio
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- Winning: The Ultimate Business How-To Book by Jack Welch