Erik Qualman, author of The Focus Project: The Not So Simple Art of Doing Less, Better
Bill Ringle and Erik Qualman discuss strategies, stories, and practical tips for directing your attention and effort where they will have the biggest payoff for you in your personal and business life.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these
Top 3 Takeaways
- Setting too many goals is setting ourselves for failure.
- While we focus on achieving goals, the path before us does not only consist of ourselves and the end. People are going to swim in and out of our lanes. Embrace and cherish those moments. But understand that we all have the power to switch lanes.
- Dedicate your focus and energy on the big, not on the easy.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Hall of Famer Michigan State University basketball coach Tom Izzo greatly influenced Erik. They remain in touch even today. [01:42]
- The importance of not losing sight of your goals and building relationships along the way. [02:39]
- The barrenness of the busy life by Socrates and why we need to remember to focus on the major items we want to achieve.[04:23]
- Namesake of the Nobel Prize, Alfred Nobel, is remembered today because he decided to focus on his legacy after a newspaper reported him as dead (mistakenly). [06:47]
- Write down what will make things easier or unnecessary in your life or business if you do them well. [07:03]
- The ‘3 Ps’ help you stay true to your goals. [10:44]
- Erik emphasizes the importance of asking good questions. [15:23]
- A touching and valuable story of Eric and his daughters as he was training in the pool for his first triathlon. [18:14]
- My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [20:32]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
5x Bestselling Author and Keynote Speaker Erik Qualman has performed in over 55 countries and reached 50 million people.
He was voted the 2nd Most Likeable Author in the World behind Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling.
Contact Info and Social Media for Erik Qualman
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Austin, TX
- Connect on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.