Bill Ringle and Brendan Kane discuss how to use social media as a way to express and execute on big ideas for your own business or for your clients as small business leaders.
Brendan Kane, author of Hook Point: How to Stand Out in a 3-Second World
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- A hookpoint is successful if we are able to convert attention into revenue.
- Your authority as a brand can be established if you are able to influence the people you are connected with to buy what you are selling or endorsing. This gives you real influence.
- Monetization increases the value of data.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- His father’s words “think before you speak” is still a lesson Brendan remembers and values today. [01:18]
- Brendan shares a snippet his experience moving to LA for the first time to chase his dream of becoming a film producer. [02:02]
- The lesson his father taught him allowed him to be able to step back and really analyze a situation. [02:41]
- The first pillar to a successful hookpoint is knowing how to grab attention the shortest tim possible. [04:19]
- The second pillar to a successful hookpoint is holding attention. [05:22]
- The third pillar to a successful hoopoint is monetizing attention. [05:44]
- A blessing and curse in the entertainment industry is thinking big is mandatory. Brendan share how this played to his advantage. [07:08]
- A hook is successful if attention bring in reveue. [10:01]
- The importance of analytics in data and why it is a must to track every aspect of our business. [13:08]
- The problem for organic social media growth is people don’t plan for monetization. [14:28]
- Why Mr.Beast is a great example of a successful hookpoint. [15:15]
- Hot Wings is another great example of turning attention into income by putting a unique, and attention grabbing element to their interviews. [17:32]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [24:23]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Brendan Kane is an outside of the box thinker, speaker and author who empowers brands to scale by helping them stand out and beat competition in crowded and oversaturated markets. He is the author of the international best-selling book One Million Followers and the newly released Hook Point: How To Stand Out In A 3 Second World, as well as the founder and CEO of the Hook Point agency. Brendan has worked with hundreds of individuals and brands providing business and digital strategy for more than 15 years, including MTV, Taylor Swift, Rhianna and many others.
Contact Info and Social Media for Brendan Kane
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Taylor Swift
- Kevin Hart
- Kevin Kelly’s original 1,000 True fans blog post
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future