John Strelecky, author of The Cafe on the Edge of the World: A Story About the Meaning of Life
Bill Ringle and John Strelecky discuss how finding and articulating our PFE, or purpose for existing, serves as a way of both focusing on what matters as well as opening doors to new adventures and opportunities for small business leaders, especially.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Instead of opportunity hopping, find something that will give you a sense of fulfillment. Nothing is better than having a job that makes you look forward to starting every day.
- Don’t put all your energy into trying to smash through an obstacle that won’t break. Instead, use that energy to go around it because there is no one correct way of solving a problem.
- In the 28,900 days on average that each of us live, we make choices. Always pick those that add value to your life.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- John talks about his father’s friend, Jack, whose sense of humor and thought-provoking questions inspired him. [01:35]
- Jack’s influence made John very effective not only in his career as an author but in his previous management consulting job. [03:44]
- The essentials of asking questions. [05:21]
- John’s purpose is to travel, where he can meet different people, and experience different cultures, and learning from those experiences. [07:31]
- Qualities and traits that make a great, successful company. [13:02]
- Discussion on the importance of purpose. [14:46]
- Developing new skills, relationships, and approaches to take your game to the next level. [16:55]
- Finding your PFE, or purpose for existing. [20:22]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [24:22]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
John Strelecky is the #1 best selling inspirational author of The Cafe on the Edge of the World and The Big Five for Life series of books. His works have been translated into forty-two languages and sold more than 6 million copies worldwide.
Following a life-changing event when he was thirty-three years old, John was inspired to sit down and tell the story of The Cafe on the Edge of the World, his first book.
Within a year after its release, word of mouth support from readers had spread the book across the globe–inspiring people on every continent, including Antarctica. It went on to win bestseller of the year for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 in Europe and became a #1 bestseller in North America.
Through his writings and appearances on television and radio, John’s messages have inspired millions of people to live life on their terms. He has been honored alongside Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, and Deepak Chopra as one of the one hundred most inspirational thought leaders in the field of leadership and personal development.
When he isn’t writing or speaking, John spends extensive time backpacking around the world. He has taken extended trips to Africa, the Amazon Basin, Yucatan Peninsula, South America, SE Asia, Europe, and China.
Contact Info and Social Media for John Strelecky
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Windermere, FL
- Social Media links: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | YouTube | TikTok
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.