Courtney Kenney, author of Creating Space to Thrive: Get Unstuck, Reboot Your Creativity and Change Your Life
Bill Ringle and Courtney Kenney discuss…
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- We have a culture of being busy but, we must give ourselves space to pursue creativity or other things we value.
- Leaders should help employees save their time by working on what is really important and what is really adding value.
- We cannot avoid sacrifices, big or small, in the process of making our dreams come true. However, we should still give ourselves the incentive of having quality time doing what we want, with the people that matter, and taking care of our wellbeing.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Courtney proudly shares that her mother, Linda, whose work ethic is very admirable, served as her inspiration growing up. [01:12]
- She shares her experience working for Motorola and how while working for them was a pleasant experience, she eventually felt burnt out. [04:16]
- The burnout made her think of a different career path. [05:33]
- Having a lot of free time after getting laid off from her job, She emersed herself in the world of writing and self-publishing. [06:35]
- While sacrifices are unavoidable to succeed, Courtney explains why we still need to create space for our wellbeing. [08:36]
- Courtney shares about her stepfather Mike, and the event that was a big wake-up call to her to start working on something that will give her fulfillment. [10:58]
- Here she talks about Ken, who dreams of becoming a writer but held back because he thought he was already too old. [14:18]
- Courtney discourages putting having limiting beliefs and encourages pursuing growth. [15:40]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [20:44]
Courtney Kenney is the author of Creating Space to Thrive about using the habit of creativity to harness powerful change in your life.
As a Book Launch Strategist, she helps authors launch bestselling non-fiction books. She holds Project Management Professional (PMP) accreditation from the Project Management Institute and worked as a Project Manager at global companies, Workday and Motorola.
Courtney has written books on creativity, publishing & book marketing, and has been featured in Cosmopolitan. Her love of space and all things tech has inspired her to write 11 science fiction novels under a pen name.
Contact Info and Social Media for Courtney Kenney
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Chicago, Illinois
- Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites, and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Bronnie Ware – An Australian author, songwriter, and motivational speaker best known for her writings about the top deathbed regrets she heard during her time as a palliative carer described in her book The Top Five Regrets of the Dying.
- Motorola – was an American multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States.
- NASA – The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the U.S. federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research.
- Carol Dweck – an American psychologist best known for her work on mindset.