Adam Markel, author of Pivot, The Art and Science of Reinventing Your Career and Life
Bill Ringle and Adam Markel discuss the questions that lead to life- and business-changing pivots for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Making hasty decisions can sometimes slow down progress, which is why it is very important to pause and think about what are the best things to do in a given situation.
- We should not let feelings of insecurity prevent us from asking because we are afraid to be judged or seen as weak. Answers only arrive when there are questions.
- In order to choose the right path, we need to see things in a clear, neutral lens.
Read Show Notes from this Episode
- Adam shares how his grandmother, who was such a great listener, is a huge inspiration to him growing up. [01:05]
- How a trip to the emergency room changed his life for the better. [05:59]
- Here he shares how being the seeker of knowledge that he is, he enjoys being immersed in books. Adam’s father is also a fiction and creative writer. [09:49]
- Adam talks about his book, which he initially wrote for his children. [12:17]
- Having clarity is like cleaning the windshield. [13:46]
- One of the best techniques Adam uses is the three-part process: pause, ask, and choose. [14:53]
- Why asking questions is very important. [18:42]
- Asking questions is a vital part of the acquisition of important knowledge. Adam strongly encourages leaders to ask. [20:29]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [27:34]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
As a keynote speaker, transformational leader, and business mentor, Adam guides individuals and businesses to capitalize on change and magnify their impact.
After building a multi-million dollar law firm, Adam became CEO of one of the largest business and personal development training companies in the world, overseeing more than $100 million in sales.