Eileen McDargh, author of Burnout to Breakthrough: Building Resilience to Refuel, Recharge and Reclaim What Matters.
Bill Ringle and Eileen McDargh discuss the insidious nature of burnout and how to avoid it for staff, managers, and small business leaders who are working remotely or in a shared office.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Burnout is physical, emotional, and mental exhaustion that can kill our momentum. When you notice that you are starting to be cynical, or instead of being excited, dragging yourself to work, or feeling empty despite your achievements, it is high time to evaluate yourself and honestly think about how your life is.
- We cannot control what life throws at us but we can control what to throw back at it.
- Being resilient is a forever process: it is a state we improve and fight to keep every day.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Eileen shares how her mom, who always pushes the envelope, was such a huge inspiration to her growing up. [01:34]
- Shed things/activities/people are time-consuming but don’t add much value. [09:50]
- The myth of “balance” in life. [11:24]
- When helping out a team, Eileen always starts by asking the ‘why’ of each individual. [18:00]
- Eileen discusses intelligent optimism. [20:26]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins. [27:39]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Since 1980, Eileen McDargh has helped organizations and individuals transform the life of their business and the business of their life through conversations that matter and connections that count. She has become known as a master facilitator, an award-winning author, and an internationally recognized keynoter and executive coach.
She draws upon practical business know-how, life experiences, and years of consulting to major national and international organizations that have ranged from global pharmaceuticals to the US Armed Forces, from health care associations to religious institutions. Her programs are content-rich, interactive, provocative, and playful—even downright hilarious.
In 2020, Global Gurus International, a British-based provider of resources for leadership, communication, and sales training, also ranked her third as one of the World’s Top 30 Communication Professionals following a global survey of 22,000 business professionals.
In her book, Burnout to Breakthrough: Building Resilience to Refuel, Recharge and Reclaim What Matters, she
Contact Info and Social Media for Eileen McDargh
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.