Romi Neustadt, author of You Can Have It All, Just Not at the Same Damn Time
Bill Ringle and Romi Neustadt discuss the heartbreaking and triumphant lessons learned in building a series of successful businesses for other small business owners.
>>>Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- We need to take time to recalibrate ourselves, by proactively thinking if our priorities align with our goals, then decide what is the next best step to do.
- If our goals and priorities align, that adds value to our life and everything we do.
- Crushing ourselves under the pressure of being perfect to serve the satisfaction of others can lead to unfulfillment.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Romi proudly talks about her dad, whose strength and resilience made him a pillar not only to their family but to their community, and how he is the biggest inspiration to her. [01:10]
- Whenever she needs to make an important decision in her life, Romi hears her father saying “saying you have got to be true to you.” [03:37]
- A deeper discussion on listening to ‘our heart voice.’ [05:11]
- She talks about how the pandemic added an extra load of pressure to most women; increasing their already many responsibilities and forcing some to halt their careers to fulfill obligations. [10:57]
- Romi explains what makes priorities different from goals. [13:25]
- Knowing and setting our priorities. [13:38]
- Being at the helm of thousands of women, Romi witnessed many women being stressed, and unfulfilled with their jobs. Romi stresses out the importance of aligning priorities with goals. [19:19]
- Romis shares a story about Sarah, a sales business owner from Washington, and how she works on balancing her personal and professional life. [22:28]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [28:37]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Romi Neustadt is a former corporate chick (first a lawyer, then a PR executive) who traded in the billable hour to become an entrepreneur, a business coach, and a speaker. She’s figured out how to juggle being a wife, a mom, a professional success, and a healthy human without losing her mind. And she’s on a mission to help other women do it too. Romi’s first book, Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building a Life-Changing Business received a GOLD AWARD from the Nonfiction Authors Association. Her latest book, You Can Have It All, Just Not at the Same Damn Time, was published last year by Portfolio | Penguin Random House. Romi has been featured in Forbes, Inc., Fast Company and Success, and has appeared on Fox Business News and morning shows around the country. Romi lives in San Diego with her husband John and their two kids, Nate and Bebe.
Contact Info and Social Media for Romi Neustadt
- Primary Website
- Travels from: San Diego, CA
- Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram | Pinterest