Chester Elton, co-author of Anxiety at Work: 8 Strategies to Help Teams Build Resilience, Handle Uncertainty, and Get Stuff Done
Chester Elton and Bill Ringle discuss the obvious and subtle impacts of stress and anxiety that disrupt effective communications and collaborations in the workplace for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Anxiety is a looming dark cloud above our heads, but it doesn’t need to stay that way forever.
- The difference between stress and anxiety is that stress tends to be much more momentary.
- Perfectionism is counter-productive. It is important to remember that whenever we try to give our best, things won’t always go our way, but instead of seeing them as just mistakes, take them as learning opportunities.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Chester shares about his father, John, whose big presence in his life inspired him growing up. [01:28]
- Mending their friendship after an argument, CEO Kent Murdoch and Chester highly values mutual respect. [03:03]
- A survey conducted by Cisco tallied that 80% of workers, 40% of which are millenials, suffer from anxiety. [06:15]
- He talks about Chris, a CEO in a big company based in London, and how anxiety shouldn’t be an impairment to managers. [08:49]
- Derek, the CEO of Life Guides, shares to Chester a heartbreaking story about his employee and why asking for our employee’s welfare is essential. [14:07]
- Chester explains why our quest to be perfect is actually doing us more harm than good. [18:30]
- Chester tells us about his favorite CEO, Garry, and how mistakes are really learning opportunities. [20:00]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [26:48]
Subscribe on Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Contact Info and Social Media for Chester Elton
- Primary Website
- Travels from: Summit, NJ
- Connect on LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- Garry O. Ridge – Chief Executive Officer of WD-40 Company
- Pepsi’s former CEO Indra Nooyi said that when you assume positive intent about people, everything gets better.
- Adrian Gostick – co-author of Anxiety at Work
- Derek Lundsten – a proven growth-stage entrepreneur and technology maven with a specialization in e/m-learning. He is the current CEO of Life Guides.
- Gratitude and Pasta: The Secret Sauce for Human Connection by Chris Schembra