Fawn Germer, author of Coming Back! How to Win the Job You Want When You’ve Lost the Job You Need
Fawn Germer and Bill Ringle discuss advanced resilience and networking skills for small business leaders and those who want to work for you.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- Sell what you can contribute in present and sell harder on what you can bring in the future.
- A crisis is not a time to bow heads and just get by, but a time to step up, be visible and upskill.
- Take charge of your career and continue with upskilling to stay relevant in the future.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Fawn proudly shares how her mother was a huge influence on her growing up and how she helped shaped her values and how she got her fearlessness from her mother. [01:16]
- A controversial piece she wrote on her school paper resulted in her principal threatening to send her to a different school. [02:22]
- The necessity of constantly upskilling. [05:47]
- She shares about her client, Janine, who took in a bad situation and turned it into a win. [07:53]
- Advice on how to sell yourself to millennials. [09:18]
- What’s your view on it? And what have you heard from people who are succeeding in this way? [12:44]
- Fawn shares a story about Laura who is a VP in a marketing company and how she helped her in her quest to career advancement. [14:08]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [16:47]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Fawn Germer is a renowned keynote speaker and the best-selling author of nine books, including the Oprah book, Hard-Won Wisdom. Her latest book, Coming Back! How to Win the Job You Want When You’ve Lost the Job You Need shows how to wage a breakthrough career comeback if you feel you are being pushed aside or cast out at work. Fawn, a 4-time Pulitzer-nominee, interviewed more than 300 CEOs, senior executives, workplace consultants, academics, and professionals for this project.