Kelly McMenamin, author of Organize Your Way: Simple Strategies for Every Personality
Bill Ringle and Kelly McMenamin discuss using the power of your inherent personality traits to help select and customize the systems by which you organize your workflow at the office and at home for sustainable effectiveness for small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- When you organize based on your personality type, the systems, routines, and methods you use are more sustainable and automatic.
- Find a system that works for you. It is important to remember that there is no single right way; the way that works best for you is the best system to use.
- Different people have different perspectives and that is important to take into account when managing at work and at home.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Kelly describes how British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was a great inspiration to her growing up. [01:11]
- How the habit of being prepared enabled her to add more value to a very important hedge fund meeting that was a memorable early work experience. [02:49]
- Kelly shares how she first started working with her sister, Katie, and the event that precipitated their partnership. [04:08]
- Personality assessment is a great way to know yourself, to assess your strengths and weakness, and how to best develop yourself. [10:08]
- Kelly talks about when she first realized that every personality type organizes in a different way.
- What she saw Sir Richard Branson do in a CNBC interview that sparked a huge realization. [12:49]
- Kelly explains her approach when implementing the filing system to different people. [16:32]
- The My Quest for the Best lightning round begins. [19:35]
Subscribe to Your Favorite Podcast App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released.
My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Kelly is an author, organizing coach & speaker, and co-founder of PixiesDidIt!, a company dedicated to helping clients organize according to personality type. Their motto is that while life isn’t always easy, organizing it should be. Kelly is co-author of “Organize Your Way: Simple Strategies for Every Personality,” Sterling Publishing. Prior to PixiesDidIt!, Kelly worked as a hedge fund analyst and at the Federal Reserve Bank of NY. She holds a B.A. from Barnard College and an M.B.A from The Tuck School at Dartmouth. She is the proud mother of three amazing sons and wife to a usually perfect husband.
Contact Info and Social Media for Kelly McMenamin
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.