Renae Baker, author of Defeating Scrooge – How to Harness the Power of Christmas Carols to Revive Your Spirit Any Time of Year
Renae Baker and Bill Ringle discuss how Renae has built a business around a very seasonal service and how songs and stories of Christmas can provide a boost to morale throughout the year for small business leaders and their teams.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Take-Aways from this Interview
- People can lead through music through thick and thin.
- The Christmas spirit is available to each of us all year round.
- Taking care of ourselves and others is taking care of our frontline responders.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Sharm Charmaine, a spiritual ed teacher that Renae met when she was in high school, just appreciated people and made them feel better through her smiles and enthusiasm left a lifelong positive impression on Renae. [01:22]
- Making music together in a group actually creates coordination, cooperation, and empathy among the group members. [10:12]
- Music is a gift when it actually helps you release sadness. [10:39]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [18:42]
- I have stopped caring what people think of my choices when I’ve made a choice that I feel is right for me. [19:57]
- Renae shares a heart breaking story about Dr. Frank, who sadly passed away due to COVID while taking care of people who were afflicted with the deadly virus. He was one of the first doctors in the United States to die of COVID.[21:39]
- She strongle encourages us to take care of our frontlines by taking care of ourelves. [25:17]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Renae Baker is a specialist in Christmas and holiday spirit.
Since 1997, she has been the founder and director of I S.M.I.L.E. in New York Productions, a company of Broadway holiday carolers who perform at some of NYC’s most iconic establishments.
Renae and her carolers have been featured on the Ginger New York Show, Fox’s Street Talk with Antwon Lewis, and in many radio and podcast interviews, including NPR, CBS and FOX, and in various newspapers.
Renae is also the author of “Defeating Scrooge – How to Harness the Power of Christmas Carols to Revive Your Spirit Any Time of Year” which is also available as an audiobook. She conducts Defeating Scrooge Spirit Saver Workshops and is a public speaker on holiday topics ranging from the holiday greeting controversy to the power of music to build bridges of harmony between people.
Contact Info for Renae Baker
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
- TEDx Talk: Can Caroling Bring World Peace?
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Henry Wadsworth