Carl Reader, author of Boss It: Control Your Time, Your Income and Your Life
Bill Ringle and Carl Reader discussed the mistakes and course corrections needed for small business leaders to succeed as their business evolves from one major stage to the next, such as start-up to growth stage, or growth to hypergrowth.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- It is the human-to-human interaction that matters the most in business relations.
- In order to scale your business higher, shift your mindset from operator to leader.
- It is important to reconcile your business ambitions with your personal goals.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Carl talks about how his father and how how he lived his life inspired Carl growing up. [00:57]
- An example of how to convey the importance of keeping a network. [02:48]
- The importance of staying connected and adapting to the many changes in our work and even personal life during the pandemic. [06:04]
- Carl shares his reason and purpose for why he started his business. [09:48]
- How to structure a business to get more value from it. [12:43]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round begins [17:21]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe on your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Carl Reader is a regular small business commentator among UK national newspapers, TV channels and radio stations.
He has sat on all sides of the table – as a founder, an advisor, an entrepreneur, and an investor; and retains his position of Joint Chairman at d&t.
Previously, he has served as board director of the British Franchise Association, amongst other not-for-profit and charitable efforts. He speaks widely to small business audiences, helping them understand that business isn’t difficult. It’s hard work, but it isn’t difficult.
Contact Info and Social Media for Carl Reader
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.