Lisa Greer, author of Philanthropy Revolution: How to Inspire Donors, Build Relationships and Make a Difference
Lisa Greer and Bill Ringle discuss creative ways to build meaningful and rewarding professional relationships for non-profit organization executives and small business leaders.
>>> Visit MyQuestforTheBest.com for complete show notes and more expert advice and inspiring stories to propel your small business growth. My Quest for the Best is a top-rated small business podcast with over 300 episodes of thought-provoking and insightful interviews with today’s top thought leaders and business experts. Host Bill Ringle’s mission with this show is to provide the strategies, insights, and resources that will unlock the growth potential of your business through these powerful conversations.
Top 3 Takeaways from this Interview
- Have the courage to be successful and beat the odds.
- Non-profit organizations not only save lives but also changes that of the givers for the better.
- Rating financials, while good, does not reflect the impact a non-profit organization has on a community.
Read the Show Notes from this Episode
- Lisa Greer shares how a conversation with her father and a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt served as inspirations to her. [01:21]
- Lisa talks about the first time she was introduced to philanthropy and how that was life-altering for her. [04:32]
- Crohn’s disease and how it affected her parent. [08:47]
- Lisa shares an example of how non-profits pitch to people who want to make contributions. [20:05]
- My Quest for the Best Lightning Round. [25:39]
Subscribe to My Quest for the Best on Your Favorite App
Click to listen and subscribe to your favorite place to enjoy podcasts below so you are the first to know when a new episode is released. My Quest for the Best is the podcast where ambitious small business leaders discover strategies and tactics to unlock their growth potential.
Give us a 5-star rating and positive review to make it easier for other small business owners to find and benefit from our work!
Lisa Greer is an entrepreneur, investor, and philanthropist who has managed her family’s giving for the last decade. She has served on dozens of boards and commissions, including the Beverly Hills Cultural Heritage Commission, the international board of the New Israel Fund, the Make-a-Wish Foundation, and the Los Angeles District Attorney Crime Prevention Foundation.
Greer also founded two healthcare-related companies and a strategic advisory firm specializing in digital media and entertainment. As a Hollywood studio executive, she managed the online businesses at NBC and Universal Studios, while also launching pioneering ventures into music webcasting. Greer is a mother of five and lives with her husband Joshua and their two youngest children in Los Angeles.
Contact Info and Social Media for Lisa Greer
Resources Mentioned During the Interview
Below are key people, places, books, quotes, websites and other resources that we discussed so you can explore further.
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”, a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.
- The Fox Hunt, by Mohammed Al Samawi
- Cedars-Sinai, A Non-Profit Hospital
- 10×10 Philanthropy, Empowering the Next Generation of Giving